Aleix Vidal

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Luis Enrique: "Arda and Vidal are doing great. Don't know for how long, but they'll play tomorrow."
Luis Enrique: "Arda can play in midfield an down the wing. Vidal can play three positions - full back, midfielder and winger."
Luis Enrique: "Arda and Vidal are physically doing very well. Vidal's stats in training are even better than what is needed during a game."

I am excited about Aleix, looks like Lucho sees him as very versatile and won't hesitate to play him as LB.

Last edited:

El Flaco

CX8zncCWAAABXbE.jpg

anguy

Vidal played on left most of time for Almeria and on occasion at Sevilla.

He is not just a touch line winger he came inside a fair bit for Sevilla.

I watched few Sevilla matches with him (because of Deulofeu). Yes he came inside sometimes, still he mostly played as winger, a winger in 4-2-3-1 to be precise. He also struck me as an universal player with no significant weaknesses, but no special strengths either.

He may have played on left side in Almeria. He was also nobody at Almeria. We have not bought him because of his ALmeria stint.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. It just seems to me many people are really overrating his abilities, especially in attack.

JamDav1982

I watched few Sevilla matches with him (because of Deulofeu). Yes he came inside sometimes, still he mostly played as winger, a winger in 4-2-3-1 to be precise. He also struck me as an universal player with no significant weaknesses, but no special strengths either.

He may have played on left side in Almeria. He was also nobody at Almeria. We have not bought him because of his ALmeria stint.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. It just seems to me many people are really overrating his abilities, especially in attack.

Most of his top performances at Sevilla came at RB that is what made Barca take notice.

Not quite a nobody at Almeria at the very least he mafpde Monchi see something in him and that's not a bad thing.

He is did not shine as a traditional touch line winger at Sevilla.

Home of Barca Fans