Alejandro Grimaldo

F

Flavia

We aren't hearing Lucho's side of this. Maybe Grimaldo wants to leave so he can be a starter somewhere?

It could be that. But not getting even a shot with the 1st team is surely making him want to leave. He almost left in the summer, not sure why he didn't. Maybe he thought he would get a chance. Now, I'll be surprised if he doesn't leave in January.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It could be that. But not getting even a shot with the 1st team is surely making him want to leave. He almost left in the summer, not sure why he didn't. Maybe he thought he would get a chance. Now, I'll be surprised if he doesn't leave in January.

His contract ends in summer, right? I think he'll agree a deal to move in summer.

khaled_a_d

The club rejected offers IIRC ,with the ban and the players promoted and left like Alen/Munir/Adama/Sandro the team wanted to keep as much players as they can
Same with Babunski too,Sampdoria wanted him but we rejected

khaled_a_d

We aren't hearing Lucho's side of this. Maybe Grimaldo wants to leave so he can be a starter somewhere?

That,and the fact that Lucho has 24 players in 1st team ,around other 5-7 players who train with 1st team from B team ,loaned players .he can't just speak to everyone in B team
He clearly doesn't rate Grimaldo highly ,I think he is unfair to him specially with the way our back up LBs has been .that said not talking to a player in a B team isn't exactly the problem tbh

God Serena

The club's decisions, overall, are worrying. I can almost guarantee that by April/May the club will have failed to sign a LB, and upon realizing that Adriano won't renew (The entire Adriano situation confuses me from a logical standpoint when you look at the positions of all parties involved, but I digress) they'll be begging this kid to stay the same way they did with Alves last season.

To be honest every passing week makes it clearer and clearer to me that there is a possibility that Lucho won't be in charge come next season and if that really is the case then players like Grimaldo and Samper would merely have to endure until then, although Grimaldo at this point is almost certainly going to leave, as he could probably be a starter for many top flight teams.

spark

He never talked to Adama either so its not like its something new. Even if Grimaldo wanted to leave it didn't happen overnight. His contract is expiring and he, the best performing player in the B team, wasn't called to preseason or even a training session. All the while the club is falling over itself to renew an aging fullback who cant do 5 sprints before needing to be on the treatment table. Why on earth wouldn't he consider his options elsewhere? And frankly if Gumbau and Camara were ahead of me I'd be out the door as well.

silvia

Lucho was b team coach, wasn he? i dont understand why there is miscommunication with b team and first team.

xXKonan

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barca-ofrecio-grimaldo-jugar-cedido-levante-4581974

Barca Grimaldo offered the possibility to go on loan this season Levante . And even the option to transfer it was raised. But the player chose to stay at Barca B and exhausting his contract in order to go free in June and get a good transfer fee.

The technical secretariat of the club, led by Robert Fernandez , spoke with Grimaldo to look for a good start. The aim of the club blaugrana left back was that I had some minutes First Division team (as in the case of Halilovic Sporting) to monitor its progression.

Grimaldo refused this option and decided to play in the Segunda B subsidiary knowing that at the end of season personally was free and could negotiate its future. The side already has a firm offer of Portuguese football. The club accepted his decision but now does not understand the 'cracked' Grimaldo against Luis Enrique.
used a bad translation.

Seems like his Future is already decided. Where ever he goes I hope he succeeds.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
This is why we need to understand both sides before going all "Lucho y u do dis."

If a Grimaldo had already decided to leave, then I'm okay with Lucho not counting on him. Lucho has better things to do than to chat with Grimaldo.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Grimaldo decided to leave then he obviously did that after being left out from the pre-season tour. Don't see any justification for that.

F

Flavia

[tw]653649372425682945[/tw]

There are rumors of a portuguese club that wants him. I wounldn't be surprised if it's porto.

Home of Barca Fans