Alejandro Grimaldo

Bran the Greenseer

Tw Grimaldo (Barcelona B): "I'm sorry my words got misinterpreted. I only want to work hard and help #FCB the best I can. Visca el Barça!"

Sounds like he was frustrated with a lack of being called up.

On another note, he kind've reminds me of Alves in that he plays more like a midfielder than anything :lol:

Edit: I really don't understand why he didn't get called up for pre-season.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

You seem to have placed a lot of stock in Lee being good when he becomes old enough to play. What made you change your opinion of him? I was under the impression you viewed him in the same light as every other hyped forward we had.

He has "something".

I didn't watch him too much (I will try to watch some matches this week of that youth Wc, if they will be something on internet), but it is hard to explain, imo, he has "something".

After watching a few clips, imo, I was impressed more than ever with Deulo, Adama, Munir, Sandro, Halil.
Halil was the only one (for me), who "impressed" me when I watched him for the first time, but since he is from my country, I watched him too many times, and had seen too many flaws (Iq, tactics etc). But let's not get offtopic with him.

Anyway, Lee is egoistic, he seems to have courage, he definitely has huge technical potential, and from what I have seen now, he doesn't look "stupid" (it is not nice to say, but I hate "dummy" players in our team).

So, I will jump in Lee's hype train, and for now, in my eyes, he seems with a higher potential than any of the players mentioned above.
I see something "Neymar-ish" in Lee.
But, let's wait some actual matches in Bteam from January.

God Serena

If Benfica make it out of the group stage they're going to really push to sign Grimaldo in January, it seems.

Imagine that. Benfica wants Grimaldo to help them in the CL while we'll let Mathieu and Adriano cost us goals against Rayo.

khaled_a_d

If Benfica make it out of the group stage they're going to really push to sign Grimaldo in January, it seems.

Imagine that. Benfica wants Grimaldo to help them in the CL while we'll let Mathieu and Adriano cost us goals against Rayo.

Is there is a source for that or it is just guessing?

BBZ8800

So, you are comparing things which actually happened:
-- like Mathieu and Adriano being poor (anyway, why not mention how Mathieu helped us winning CL last season... but, ok)
And you are comparing that with something from a fantasy land, aka Grimaldo signing for a stronger club, Grimaldo actually plaiyng in a CL match, and Grimaldo actually performing well in a CL match.

You see, there are like 1000s of factors till the moment when you'll be able to compare Grimaldo with Mathieu.
(Again, even though you are comparing Mathieu's worse moments, but ok)

A bias is strong towards young players (and towards bunch of ifs and maybes) in you still, I see, mate.

God Serena

So, you are comparing things which actually happened:
-- like Mathieu and Adriano being poor (anyway, why not mention how Mathieu helped us winning CL last season... but, ok)
And you are comparing that with something from a fantasy land, aka Grimaldo signing for a stronger club, Grimaldo actually plaiyng in a CL match, and Grimaldo actually performing well in a CL match.

You see, there are like 1000s of factors till the moment when you'll be able to compare Grimaldo with Mathieu.
(Again, even though you are comparing Mathieu's worse moments, but ok)

A bias is strong towards young players (and towards bunch of ifs and maybes) in you still, I see, mate.

Mathieu did nothing at all to help us win the CL playing from the LB position. If he plays it absolutely must be from the CB position. I think we can all agree on at least that much, right? Your comments wound me, friend.

The way I see it, Grimaldo should at least be given an opportunity to show if he's capable of at least filling a squad role. Lucho has shown us with his squad selection that performances don't always matter to him in every game, and at times it seems all it'd take to outperform Adriano is a desire to want to play.

Home of Barca Fans