Alejandro Grimaldo

motorcycle

Hello, this is my first post. I actually support Borussia Dortmund, but love football and because of that enjoy watching Barca a great deal :)

Have any of you being watching the Under 19 Euros at the moment. Spain under 19s are wonderful going forward and with the ball, as is one of my favourite players Grimaldo! He has the most energy on the whole team and is playing a "false 3" position with as much attacking responsibilities as defending. Grimaldo has excellent acceleration, pace, energy, vision and a left foot. He needs work on defensive positioning and does not time his challenges too well in the penalty box from what I have seen (he gave away 1 penalty v Portugal and could easily have conceded another).

Overall, a really exciting player to watch :)

X

xaviniesta

just because he gave away a penalty in the last minute doesn't necessarily mean that he is a bad defender. i have no idea where it comes that every attacking full back is automaticly a bad defender.

Yugi

just because he gave away a penalty in the last minute doesn't necessarily mean that he is a bad defender. i have no idea where it comes that every attacking full back is automaticly a bad defender.

well, just take a look at marcelo or coentrao :pep:

impeh

Hi, its me..
he has indeed been great to watch in the first few games. Kinda surprised the amount of energy he has being so young and playing like alves bombing up and down :lol: He never stops running.

Shame about the penalty, not much you can do when the other player does that little flick :eusa_think: :(

motorcycle

I don't think that he's a bad defender, just that his defensive positioning and timing of challenges could improve what I have seen of him. Obviously he's only 16 and playing against 18 and 19 year olds, so you would expect him not to be perfect at the moment. Saying that, Grimaldo is the player who has impressed me the most for Spain in this tournament.

VenusA

there is no Video for Grimaldo and Jerard deulfeu Skills for the UERO UN20 ?????
,, are the doing a bad UERO :(
they are the most player talented in La masia ???

imaqtpi

Grimaldo played well in my opinion, I kinda missed the replays of the incident, but from first look penalty looked a little soft to me but maybe I just wasn't thinking.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Soft but a pk, crafty from the Portuguese player really...He had played quite well for a majority of the match

motorcycle

What a wonderful cross that led to one of the goals in today's game. You could see him look up just before the cross, then the ball went over to French players' heads and dropped perfectly to the striker's feet!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
AxrSeUkCMAAHDjQ.jpg

ivan22

german commentator on eurosport was absolutely amazed by grimaldo. said that he will have a bright career. Can't wait for little alejandro :D hope he never leaves the club.

Home of Barca Fans