Alen Halilović

serghei

I think if we don't bring him back soon, we will lose him. I think he's a greater talent than Thiago myself.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How?

He knows how highly rated he is by the management and knows or should know that he's only a couple of seasons away from being a part of our 1st team. If he still leaves then he's stupid as hell.

We could also lose him if he doesn't get enough match time, stalls his development and so on. The club should think about what's best for both parties. For Alen's development, regular game time is a must.

If he can get it at Barca then great, but I really doubt it. With Nolito's potential signing and Arda and Aleix being able to play in the wide positions as well, there are simply too many players ahead of him in the pecking order and you cannot kamikaze rotate MSN to fit him in either.

Unless he plays in the midfield, but even then it would be difficult for him to play regularly.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think if we don't bring him back soon, we will lose him. I think he's a greater talent than Thiago myself.

I think if the club talks to him and promises him that he will definitely have a future with us as long as he keeps developing, we won't lose him. Setting a much higher buyout would help too.

I am with Don, I don't see him getting that many minutes at all if we bring him back next summer.

serghei

I don't see how could the club explain bringing Rafinha back and not Halilovic, giving that Halilovic is comfortably superior in my opinion. Also, the guy is not raised in La Masia, so his commitment towards the club might not be as big as some think.

khaled_a_d

The talking about him loaned again or coming back is premature for now
Lots of factor ,we are yet to see how our new signing will work out ,how our players and the team will look like in the 2nd half of the season ,who we buy etc .nevermind if he keep it up ,or slow down or even play better .

Jombi

Yes, its still too early.

We must absolutely not include anything less than a big buy out in his contract with us though and no ridiculous Thiago clause. As long as we own him, we can do what we want.

JamDav1982

Yes, its still too early.

We must absolutely not include anything less than a big buy out in his contract with us though and no ridiculous Thiago clause. As long as we own him, we can do what we want.

The idea that 'as long as we own him we can do what we want' is the exact type of reason players want buy out clauses.

These clauses are not just entered by the club for the sake of it. The players want them and they are in the position to reject any contract that does not have it.

One thing I like about Barca is that they treat players like human beings and dont just get them under contracts to make money. They want the players to feel they want to be at the club even if at times that could lead to players leaving a bit cheaper than otherwise.

serghei

We'll see. But I imagine the big clubs will start to show up, and if we are not doing things right, we could lose him.

khaled_a_d

The idea that 'as long as we own him we can do what we want' is the exact type of reason players want buy out clauses.

These clauses are not just entered by the club for the sake of it. The players want them and they are in the position to reject any contract that does not have it.

One thing I like about Barca is that they treat players like human beings and dont just get them under contracts to make money. They want the players to feel they want to be at the club even if at times that could lead to players leaving a bit cheaper than otherwise.

Nevermind that buyout clauses is obligatory .and if we want big buyout it means big wage

raki

Let him develop his skills by playing 1 or 2 seasons outside barça.

Denis Suarez is one step ahead. Deulofeu is also improving. Playing often is key to them.

Jombi

Buy out clauses are mandatory in Spanish contracts AFAIK. But having clauses that says he will play 60% or 70% of the matches and if not, he can leave at a rock bottom price, must be avoided. Real Madrid never allow such contracts.

dakt

I'm strictly against bringing him back in Summer. Have seen this scenario way too many times. Halilovic need to play regularly and he won't get that at Barca right now, especially with Lucho pushing for the signing of Nolito. You simply cannot rotate enough for him to get enough minutes to keep developing.

This. People are falling for this too early. He's in the process of development. Why fuck up things now?
He's not Barca's solution for today, but rather sometimes in the near future. All we have to do is clever mercato this winter and on the summer and leave Alen
to grow up into a proper footballer. Talent is here no doubt, but experience is on going process, so no rush and best of luck.

JamDav1982

But out clauses are mandatory in Spanish contracts AFAIK. But having clauses that says he will play 60% or 70% of the matches and if not, he can leave at a rock bottom price, must be avoided. Real Madrid never allow such contracts.

I know buy out clauses are mandatory but the player signing a contract they dont like isnt.

Are Real some example of how to handle young players?

Real see players like you said as being under contract so they 'can do anything they want with' Barca treat their young players better and allow them a path out as feeling comfortable at club is important and not there just to help make money.

No Barca youngsters have left at rock bottom prices anyway.

Home of Barca Fans