Alen Halilović

BBZ8800

Why the word sell is mentioned at same sentence Alen? there nothing to suggest that we are even remotely interested in doing that

I don't know if this has been mentioned here, but more and more similar stories/speculations are written.
http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/valencia-target-barca-youngster-halilovic-the-summer-5001401

How we are interested in loan or to even sell a player with a buy-back option:
"So far, Valencia have asked about the Croatian's situation and Barça would be interested in doing a deal with an option to re-buy the youngster, so as to increase the amount of money available to them next season."

Kohe321

Another year at loan could be great for him I guess? I wonder which club they're thinking about, considering he's mentioning "a step higher" (than Gijón). What clubs make sense as a new destination for Alen? Any guesses? :thinking:

Alik

I agree. A loan at a La Liga team, places 4-8 would be very good for Alen.

If he could play at Celta, that would be my pick. But...

Halilovic had a good first half of season, where he was playing all the time. And then he was dropped for the second half, and that was with a relegation side.

So a midtable club might be better for him. And hopefully he can step it up to play consistently throughout the whole season.

Trickykid

If he could play at Celta, that would be my pick. But...

Halilovic had a good first half of season, where he was playing all the time. And then he was dropped for the second half, and that was with a relegation side.

So a midtable club might be better for him. And hopefully he can step it up to play consistently throughout the whole season.

A player like him would most likely have an easier time flourishing at a better team than Gijon. Abelardo's tactics are cut from the same cloth as he was as a player, and it's no wonder he'd be partial to more physical and less technical players.

jairzinho

Another year at loan could be great for him I guess? I wonder which club they're thinking about, considering he's mentioning "a step higher" (than Gijón). What clubs make sense as a new destination for Alen? Any guesses? :thinking:

A step higher would be a top 5 or 6 club playing in the Europa League at least. Would be good experience for him.

Home of Barca Fans