Alen Halilović

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't know about Valencia......Never been the most stable club around, and they would want to get back in top four which could put Halil's minutes in risk if he doesn't fire consistently from the start.

Then there's the pressure of playing the Mendes clients too...

khaled_a_d

But he's good enough for Valencia and Villarreal... :rolleyes:

You do realize they both want him along Sevilla (who made their interest public) not a fan suggestion
Abelardo is an awful defensive coach .he counted on Alen early for the offensive build up ,later he went all defensive and Alen became a bad fit .
D.Suarez wasn't gonna get playing time for Sevilla this year but he ended up as a starter in a currently better team .it is all about fit

I don't know about Valencia......Never been the most stable club around, and they would want to get back in top four which could put Halil's minutes in risk if he doesn't fire consistently from the start.

Then there's the pressure of playing the Mendes clients too...

Mendes has lost most of his friends in Valencia ,he has been the scapegoat for their season (which I think is stupid ,most of his clients were all gr8 addition .way better than their other signings) .it reached a point that when they were searching for a new coach they put a "no Mendes" tag on their candidates and that ended up with Gary :lol:

Both teams rumored have plenty of young players .we need to see which team really has a plan for him .

Messi983

I still like more the idea of sending him to smaller club next season. For me he's still 2 years removed from being good developed and experienced enough to be part of Barça's squad and being a starter in top 5/6 La Liga club will be next step in his career, possibly starting in 2017.

Yes, it would be great if he could get into starting XI in club like Villarreal (as Denis did, but don't forget he's 2,5 years older and was also playing solid in Sevilla last season before Emery decided to not trust him anymore) and also playing in European competitions already next season but there is no guarantee for that. I think next season it's crucial for him to play as much as possible and it's better to play 3.000 minutes in a club like Rayo than 1.500 in Sevilla.

J

Jamie Cal

I still like more the idea of sending him to smaller club next season. For me he's still 2 years removed from being good developed and experienced enough to be part of Barça's squad and being a starter in top 5/6 La Liga club will be next step in his career, possibly starting in 2017.

Yes, it would be great if he could get into starting XI in club like Villarreal (as Denis did, but don't forget he's 2,5 years older and was also playing solid in Sevilla last season before Emery decided to not trust him anymore) and also playing in European competitions already next season but there is no guarantee for that. I think next season it's crucial for him to play as much as possible and it's better to play 3.000 minutes in a club like Rayo than 1.500 in Sevilla.

I totally agree, man. I think Sevilla'd be a pretty bad fit for him in fact, he wouldn't even get 50% playing time. I guess links to Sevilla/Villarreal are to keep good relationship between the clubs.

Rayo's probably aiming a bit low, they're really not much better than Sporting this time round, and he's good enough for a mid-table side.

Messi983

Rayo is having worse season but they were a good midtable club over the last 3 seasons so I think they are better than Sporting. But I mentioned them mostly because of their playing style which would fit Alen perfectly. That's if they stay in La Liga and Paco remain their coach.

Teams like Betis, Malaga or Las Palmas could also be good. I wouldn't send him to Sociedad because Eusebio didn't really get much out of him in Barça B and of course we won't loan him to Espanyol. Then we're already running out of solid options. Maybe some of the promoted sides but then again this probably wouldn't be a step up in his career.

El Flaco

Halilovic's nutmeg on Dani Castellano

[gfy]InsistentOptimisticDarklingbeetle[/gfy]

Close-up

[gfy]SpryRingedBrahmanbull[/gfy]

J

Jamie Cal

Any chance we can cancel the loan right now, and register him anyway? We can say Douglas is injured again, niggling brain injury, out for the rest of his life.

Home of Barca Fans