Alen Halilović

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
It's a good business.... And please wait for 2 years to bring him back. If he raises his worth to 12.5, it only means he would have done very, very well. If not, good riddance I guess!?

And I like how the board is shifting towards sales-with-buy-back-clause.... It should only help the kids realize their potential! Besides, loans didn't really work for us what with the huge egos of the cantera graduates and all!!

Messi983

I'm pretty sure other teams also showed interest until he and his entourage started demanding ridiculous things.

I think probably at least half of La Liga teams would be interested in loaning him but it seems the club and Alen himself prefered the sell and buy-back option. I believe playing in a different league/country will actually be a good learning curve for him. I don't know much about HSV but BL is a lot more technical league now than it was 10-15 years ago so his talent will probably be better executed there than it was in a lower table La Liga team like Sporting. But at the same time most of German teams are disciplined and hard working. Which is exactly what a young player like him needs to develop. He's already good with the ball at his feet (although he needs to improve his decision making but that usually comes with more experience) but needs to learn how to work even harder without the ball (in defense).

I don't know when HSV will start their preseason (probably they already have as BL is starting in a good month) but it's also good that he'll join them quickly so he'll have enough time to adapt to his new team.

Messi983

It's official now... Good luck and hopefully he'll come back.

Cn4QkM9W8AAb4Qs.jpg

navidjaan

How would anyone not pay 12,5M to have one of Europe's greatest talents back after two potentially great seasons at one of the best leagues in the world? We paid thrice as much for Arda Turan, ffs.

That being said, he should've picked a Spanish team. And he needs to improve his attitude a lot in training, as Abelardo said himself. HSV is an unstable club, so it could go both ways. And they already have a good, young, left-footed playmaker, Lewis Holtby.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The only thing I don't like about this deal is if he doesn't break out in two years we are going to lose him. Say if he is a late boomer and breaks out 3 years later, we lose the buy-back.

Who is the genius that constructed this buy-back option? :rolleyes:

Devils

Well if he hasn't proven himself in two years time, I'd imagine we would have moved on from him by then anyway.

Honestly, it would be 3 years (counting his season at Sporting) that he would be under Barca's watch. If he doesn't prove himself in that time, there's probably no point having a buyback past 2 years, which means we would have settled for a smaller transfer fee.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well if he hasn't proven himself in two years time, I'd imagine we would have moved on from him by then anyway.

Honestly, it would be 3 years (counting his season at Sporting) that he would be under Barca's watch. If he doesn't prove himself in that time, there's probably no point having a buyback past 2 years, which means we would have settled for a smaller transfer fee.

But he could turn out to be another Ribery or Robben. :pep:

Total-Football

the deal made is excellent .. i don't see the fuss about it .. I believe in Alen , his ball control is crazy good , he just need to focus , and a bit of luck to boost his confidence .. sky is the limit for this guy , i see a world class player in 2 years max.

Nucky

This is probably the best choice for him since I don't see space in Barca for him for some time.. Specially not now with signing all these talents (Suarez,Gomes).. But I hope he comes back one day.. Good luck in HSV..

Home of Barca Fans