Alen Halilović

dakt

Yep...seems to me that he'll won't grow much. Hope I'm wrong, but he doesn't strike me like a heavy worker.

BBZ8800

Halilović didn't show up for croatian youth NT round-up.

He wasn't called for Euros and an NT coach didn't call him for upcoming qualifying matches either.
Halil was pissed even when he was dropped from Euros and left the NT camp without saying a word/goodbye to anyone.
Now he is angry because a coach again didn't call him for NT A-team.

On the other hand, a coach of a youth NT team did call him for upcoming matches, since A team coach hasn't called him.
But, Halil thinks that he is too good for playing in youth NT teams and now he didn't show up.

Later Halil and his club explained that "Halil needs some time to adapt to his new team, Hsv and this is why he can't play for an NT team".

Last edited:

Messi983

Well, that's not good. He's still a kid and can think he's too good for U21 NT but his family should be smarter and won't let him do those things that can harm his future in both NT and influence on his club career as well. But then again, maybe his entourage is a problem. I don't know his family situation (and would appreciate if [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] or someone could say more about that) but from the speculations I've read about his possible transfer to Valencia he/they apparently had some crazy demands and that's why Alen didn't end up at Valencia. Looking at the mess they currently have there it's probably a good thing he didn't but that's a different story.

We'll see, I like his potential and hope he can return to Barça one day and make his career here but he won't come far if he'll behave like a rich spoiled kid. Again, don't know if he's rich or spoiled but that kind of behavioiur certainly shows some signs of that and it won't help him if he'll continue like that.

khaled_a_d

Well, that's not good. He's still a kid and can think he's too good for U21 NT but his family should be smarter and won't let him do those things that can harm his future in both NT and influence on his club career as well. But then again, maybe his entourage is a problem. I don't know his family situation (and would appreciate if [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] or someone could say more about that) but from the speculations I've read about his possible transfer to Valencia he/they apparently had some crazy demands and that's why Alen didn't end up at Valencia. Looking at the mess they currently have there it's probably a good thing he didn't but that's a different story.

We'll see, I like his potential and hope he can return to Barça one day and make his career here but he won't come far if he'll behave like a rich spoiled kid. Again, don't know if he's rich or spoiled but that kind of behavioiur certainly shows some signs of that and it won't help him if he'll continue like that.

Many players reject playing with their NT when they move to a new club. Bravo did when he joined us with the 1st team not just the youth team. He has a career to look for and proving himself for his new club is the most important thing and surely more important than playing with U21 NT
As for Valencia,it has been discussed b4,their club is a mess and no one knows for sure what happened,he moved to HSV and the deal was really smooth and they aren't that rich to start with. their nothing to prove that mess of a club claims about the player demands. Seems that it was just a way to pull out of the deal w/o pissing their fans.
Obviously long way to go for the kid,but some people over react about the little things. Let's see how he is gonna do this year. the next 2 seasons are probably of extreme importance to his career

BBZ8800

I mentioned this in other topic: his Hsv coach said that Halilovic will now play in his new team as a Cm and Acm, not as a winger anymore...

This leads to questions: people often say that we should loan (or sell with a buyback option) our players to teams who play with a similar style as our team and where our players will improve for our system.

So, Halil played in Dinamo Zagreb as a winger and attacker.
Then in Barca B as a midfielder.
Then in Sporting as a winger.
Now in Germany as a midfielder.

If he'll play bad a as Cm/Amc, will we buy him back to play again as a Rw for us after 1-2 years of playing and developing at the wrong position?
Also, if he'll play good as a Cm/Amc, will we buy him back to play again as a Rw for us after 1-2 years of playing and developing at a different position?

Interesting...

anguy

Messi in our team is RW/AM hybrid, not RW anyway. We use RBs and sometimes even Rakitic for width... Halilovic can easily be backup for Messi in our scheme, if he proves he is good enough.

God Serena

I mentioned this in other topic: his Hsv coach said that Halilovic will now play in his new team as a Cm and Acm, not as a winger anymore...

This leads to questions: people often say that we should loan (or sell with a buyback option) our players to teams who play with a similar style as our team and where our players will improve for our system.

So, Halil played in Dinamo Zagreb as a winger and attacker.
Then in Barca B as a midfielder.
Then in Sporting as a winger.
Now in Germany as a midfielder.

If he'll play bad a as Cm/Amc, will we buy him back to play again as a Rw for us after 1-2 years of playing and developing at the wrong position?
Also, if he'll play good as a Cm/Amc, will we buy him back to play again as a Rw for us after 1-2 years of playing and developing at a different position?

Interesting...

As far as I'm concerned, from the moment he signed for Barca B it was with the full intention of him playing as a midfielder. Him moving to midfield in Germany is a good thing, imo.

Granted, I still don't fancy his chances of making it here :lol:

navidjaan

If he comes back, I think he'll be Messi's main backup. Wasn't a big success at CM in Barça B, although it could be relevant in long term. Also, our midfield is stacked. And it will continue to be in the next two years...

Trickykid

Starting today at Leverkusen.
Match on in 25 mins.

Edit: he isn't in the starting XI after all. Odd.

Last edited:

Yannik

Hamburg said some time ago that Halilovic arrived at the squad with heavy fitness deficits compared to the rest of the squad and thus would not start in the first couple of games but that was 2 weeks ago. I can only imagine that this is still the case, his role might be imporving with the season underway, he's definitely not guaranteed the "Barca prodigy" bonus however, which is a good thing imo, it will ensure that Halilovic will not get complacent. He will either train his ass off till he's an undoubted key player at Hamburg, or he won't, in which case Barca would probably not want him back anyways.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Either he picked up a niggle/ill, isn't fit enough to play every match or potential attitude issues. I don't think it's necessary to analyze every occurrence or non-occurrence in this case to assess his progress, patience

BBZ8800

He is playing only a few minutes in each match.
Today against Bayern he wasn't even picked for a 19-man squad.

Some media saying that HSV's board wants Halilovic to play because they believe that he is awesome, but a coach don't share that opinion, plus he don't want to be pressured by the board.

navidjaan

Dinamo fans said he had disciplinary problems, he showed attitude issues when being subbed off at Barça B, and Abelardo complained publicly about his work-rate. Could it be the reason? Obviously not due to his abilities.

Home of Barca Fans