Alen Halilović

Haremzg

Well if you are like less talented Messi you have potential to be world class. For me the only difference between Messi and him is that Messi has 20 percent more speed, and there for far more succesful dribbling, which puts him to great scoring positions often and only thing he need to perfect is finishing which he did.

So Halil got great tehnique and dribbling, and passing - long range also, he is at this point a great winger playmaker, but i hope he gets a bit closer to Messis finishing and dynamysm, he needs to develop his strength and speed and he will be great.

He is very close to David Silva level, 1-2 more years.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The difference between Messi and him is massive. Messi was better in everything at Halilovic's age, so the only difference is not dribbling and speed.

He's not gonna get anywhere close to Messi, but as long as he develops into a World Class player, I'm happy.

Haremzg

Affcourse, but just comparing them in the same age, it wasnt such a big difference, only in terms of speed and bette dribblign - finishing. Messi didnt have his stats aged 19.

Anyway there is no need to comapare him with the best player ever, too much pressure.

Homesafe

Alen is beautiful to watch at the pitch, and he adds value to the game even when hes not actually converting any chances or adding much to the winning of the game, he already has place on the pitch by that fact.

khaled_a_d

I think throwing Messi name with Alen is one of the main reasons many think he is overhyped and criticize him ,he isn't going to be anywhere near Messi and nothing is wrong with that
The only similarity is the style of dribbling and it stops there ,even how good and how he use it is totally different .Halil use his dribbling in midfield to create space for himself and teammates but he isn't able to use it to get in the penalty area or use it in extremely tight spaces yet
That is why I think he will be more of AM with Barca than RW
I like D.Silva comparison ,more realistic target for him to achieve .I think he is few years from there but if everything clicks I would expect him to be Barca starter when he is around 23 -24
Strength is essential to his success and he need to stop being in love with his long range shoot and need to enter penalty area more

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Problem was, in B team there was no authority (among players) to order him to keep it simpler. He saw he was best there and it got to his head a bit.
In Gijón he's still the best but he's outside his comfort zone and probably realized he squandered last season.
Also, El Pitu is boss and I wouldn't like to meet him in a dark alley.

BBZ8800

Well if you are like less talented Messi you have potential to be world class. For me the only difference between Messi and him is that Messi has 20 percent more speed, and there for far more succesful dribbling, which puts him to great scoring positions often and only thing he need to perfect is finishing which he did.

So Halil got great tehnique and dribbling, and passing - long range also, he is at this point a great winger playmaker, but i hope he gets a bit closer to Messis finishing and dynamysm, he needs to develop his strength and speed and he will be great.

He is very close to David Silva level, 1-2 more years.

IQ. Intelligence, decisions.
You should look at that part also.

Alen is beautiful to watch at the pitch, and he adds value to the game even when hes not actually converting any chances or adding much to the winning of the game, he already has place on the pitch by that fact.

This is one of Halil's problems.
He always "played nice". When you see him running with the ball, he really looks elegant and better than 99% of other players.

But till now, more or less, nothing happens after his runs, dribbles, awesome actions.
A good thing is that he is finally playing in a smaller club, and imo, he needs to be the best or one of the best players in his new club, if he wants to raise his game to a higher level.

He needs to impose himself in a way that something actually happens after his actions.
Like 5-10 assists per Season, 5-10 goals, a few preassists etc.

Till now, he hasn't imposed himself (too much) either:
1. in Dinamo Zagreb
2. in young Croatian NT teams
3. in Croatian NT team (he rarely gets some minutes)
4. in Barcelona B
5. in minutes in Barca A

I don't want to sound as a bad guy, but he needs to turn from:
= did you see how I dribbled past 3 guys (and nothing happened after that)
= into: I assisted 10 times this season, scored a few winners, I am making the difference on the pitch

Ok, he is young, but he should impose himself more and more.
Sporting Gijon is a perfect opportunity for that.

God Serena

Affcourse, but just comparing them in the same age, it wasnt such a big difference, only in terms of speed and bette dribblign - finishing. Messi didnt have his stats aged 19.

Anyway there is no need to comapare him with the best player ever, too much pressure.

Messi at 19 was already making Real Madrid his bitch. Even now these displays from Alen against some of La Liga's weaker teams don't compare to that.

These comparisons to Messi really make it hard to like the player.

Messi at his age looked like Maradona :lol:

Literally, remember the goal against getafe? Alen is looking good though, I think he has the potential to become a starter here. Him being the finesse ala iniesta and Rafinha (If he recovers and continues on his growth rate) the more rough and tumble Rakitic type.

bastardo

Comparing players at the same age is pointless. Players develop differently, look at zidane and drogba. Messi and Ronaldo are the exceptions, not the rule when it comes to young players.

Home of Barca Fans