Alex Song

X

xaviniesta

one of the best games in barca shirt for me so far. gets quicker on and off the ball and basicly feels the barca rythm more and more. and for the first time i've seen him give a proper troughball to messi in second half.

this is what i want to see more of him:
[video=metacafe;9552809/song/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9552809/song/[/video]

Last edited:
M

Malappapper

it would be awesome if he could adapt to our system and can be used to rotate with Biscuits and even one of our other brilliant midfielders, at least in the less difficult games. For example. Mallorca or Depor at home. He should be able to carry those out. Or CDR games. Or if we draw Arsenal in the CL :pep:

P

PhilS

It should be clear as day to everyone by now, that Masch isn't a DM anymore, and most likely won't ever be again. At least not for us. Masch just doesn't have the basic skill set that's required for a DM in our system. Whether Song has this is probably debatable, but he's a much better fit, on paper at least, than Masch is.

About Masch, I agree we won't see him at DM for Barca anymore. But the reason is not because he can't be a Barca DM. He is going to be starting at CB at least 40 games a year, so he is just not available for any other job. He will play more CB than Puyol from now on, and quite possibly also more than Pique. We'll see who starts in the biggest games. All three have huge rolls to play, I don't think Tito wants to rotate in any other CBs.

The coaching staff thinks Song is better at DM than Keita, that's why Busquets is finally getting enough rest this year. If necessary, I think Tito will go with Adriano or Busquets at CB before Song. I think Song's additional job is more likely to be at the other midfield positions. He can shoot, he can dribble around and through defenders to create scoring chances, things that Busquets just does not offer. Like Keita, he can play the last 30 minutes for Xavi or Iniesta when the team has a good lead.

The team has looked bad advancing the ball from the back recently when Busquets has been off the field. Most of these times, other superstars have also been off the field, so it's not all been on Song. Even with his weak scoring and goal creating, I put Busquets #1 in the world at DM, so his backup is always going to be a big step down.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, allas showed a good clip there and there were a few others as well...Seems to take time for him to get into the swing of the match, perhaps still adjusting to playing for the club...However, I do find that he lumbers around a bit slower than I recall in England

X

xaviniesta

We’ll be over here playing rondas
he’s become the player who the tiki-takkers only pass the ball to as an absolute last resort.
That shit should only happen on the playground, not to a €19 million professional player.

etc etc

one of the worst piece of journalism i've read recently. 101GG have been going down for me for a while now. they used to be such a great site.

GiantKiller

Yeah, I tried to continue reading the article but I just couldn't when I reached this part :

"As in, just as with Keita before him, he’s become the player who the tiki-takkers only pass the ball to as an absolute last resort."

I don't even....

Cule4life

The Culest
"Their u-10′s imitate the seniors without even knowing who they are yet; their U-12s are broadcast live on TV, many of whom are household names on Las Ramblas"

:facepalm:
Is the author a jealous 12 year old Madridista? Worst article i have ever read. What about Adriano. Abidal, Alves etc? They have perfectly fitted into our system
Anyway my problem with Song is he looks like he lacks confidence. Wants to get rid of the ball as soon as possible. Loses possession needlessly sometimes.Maybe on management orders?

DennyCrane

From what I've learned in school, it has always to be considered in what mental state the author is in when judging his output. Now that I know that the author - presumably in his scarce spare time between Twitter and writing football essays - produces gems of genius and wisdom like this:

Now, I can actually see the article as what it truely is: An abstract, dark and bipolar masterpiece of unseen quality, combining black humour and unmatched football knowledge with thoughts and reasoning Kurt Gödel would be proud of. Paul Morrissey is probably one of the great minds of our time

:pep:

Cristofol

Can no longer hear Alex Song's name without being reminded of the commentator saying that Song was 'putting his lovely balls in the box' :chuckle:

Home of Barca Fans