Alex Song

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Song was a sound signing. Didn't quite turn out to be as versatile (that was the key trait when signed) as Zubi and Tito wanted but it's still too early to tell how he'll develop. Tito said he was surprised how fast he was learning so there it is. He seems patient, happy with his role and hopefully will only get better over time as he learns to adapt to Barca football.

Theconomist

Song was a sound signing. Didn't quite turn out to be as versatile (that was the key trait when signed) as Zubi and Tito wanted but it's still too early to tell how he'll develop. Tito said he was surprised how fast he was learning so there it is. He seems patient, happy with his role and hopefully will only get better over time as he learns to adapt to Barca football.

I'm not saying he was a bad buy, fair price, decent player and played decent games for us but I just don't get where he will fit long term other than utility.
Maybe he'lll do a Mascherano and really surprise us by the end of the season.

Garrus

He is still not comfortable with our tiki taka, You all probably noticed that he tends to lose balance a lot and fall after making quick passes which shows that he doesn't form a correct body stance for a good receive and sending of the ball, Not to mention other areas to improve on as he understands our system more.
So it's too early to judge him, As he not reached his full potential with us, We should wait until the end of the season.

Theconomist

He takes way too many touches to play as DM for us. :lol:

And he isn't good enough at the back.
I think he will come good eventually, besides he is 24 and loving it here so as long as he gets 30 games a season he'll be happy.
It's not like he is a bad player.
Also we need an African player in our rooster.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

He was versatile in Arsenal but their football is way more direct than ours.
He still commits a lot of unnecessary fouls just like in Arsenal.

Garrus

It's like he transformed into a completely different player, I want to see more of the stuff he did tonight, I'm glad he finally fitted in

Home of Barca Fans