Alex Song

sabby

^ Keita was far superior than Song. He was capable to replace XAVI's position and had a great vision. Song has really a long way to go if he wants to be like keita.

Trickykid

^ Keita was far superior than Song. He was capable to replace XAVI's position and had a great vision. Song has really a long way to go if he wants to be like keita.

Hard to compare them at this point really, as Song has only played DM and CB so far, while a more advanced midfielder position seems like his best role, just like It was for Keita. Keita was a great box-to-box midfielder, while he was just plain bad as DM.

Cristofol

Song is a fantastic player, been much less consistent since joining Barça but he plays less so.. Cannot for the life of me figure out why Arsenal sold him, Cesc, Samir,Robin they made sense, 2 were demanding money and thinking they are bigger than what they are the other obviously wanted to come home. But Song..I just don't get it

barcanuck

Song is a fantastic player, been much less consistent since joining Barça but he plays less so.. Cannot for the life of me figure out why Arsenal sold him, Cesc, Samir,Robin they made sense, 2 were demanding money and thinking they are bigger than what they are the other obviously wanted to come home. But Song..I just don't get it

£15 million reasons why. Apparently Song wanted to stay at Arsenal but I think Arsenal saw Diaby as the go to guy (when healthy of course) so they decided to cash in on Song.

Cristofol

Yeah, I think the only genuine sale Gooners have to complain about, purely for the boards benefit nobody else's. Ah Diaby, he'd be one of the best midfielders in the EPL if it wasn't for his injuries, but the poor guy can't go a day without hurting himself

BarcaGirl

1st half was good, but 2nd half was terrible. Imho his worst play so far for Barca.

And he lost/misplaced way to many balls.

tiki-taka

What a stupid comparison you make. Song hasn't really yet adapted into the tiki-taka concept and needs more time to adjust himself into the tactics. If I watch Song play, he comes over as a cautious type of player who prefers to play safe and pass the ball backward and to the sides. He does have vision and creativity believe me I saw him play every match last year and his incredible performance against Dortmund. Just give him time.

SeloBarca

Held the ball to long in both halves. Dribbling is not Songs strong part, got the ball to far away from him to many times and lost posession.

ryaninho

Held the ball to long in both halves. Dribbling is not Songs strong part, got the ball to far away from him to many times and lost posession.
Judging by this staement you are looking at his time at barca and nowhere else. I see staements saying he has no vision and such, but last year he had the highest assit in the EPL.

M

mitkoa7x

Cesc (being a canterano) needed 1 season to start performing like we expected him to (not counting those goals he scored as a forward), its logical that Song should take at least a season to start doing the same.

kostasgtc

he had really much job to do without xavi or iniesta around him and with all that youngsters running all the time like no head chickens.however he done it pretty well, specially in first half.then i think he got tired and made several mistakes.overall was a decent performance imo and helped busi to get a rest without been destroyed on a demanding match.

Home of Barca Fans