Alex Song

Jenks

Pissed of was the wrong word, should have been "disgusted", I guess...
Anyway, as I said, it happens all the time, and it's hardly something they do in order to unsettle players. It's the usual response. I never found it classless when Rooney said Iniesta was the best player in the world, even though some might have considered it tapping up...

Complimenting a player's talent and talking about them joining your team are hardly the same thing. They know exactly what they're doing.

Jenks

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
You're basically saying Barca players are worse than the rest, when everyone does it. Not to mention that in this particular case the comments were much less controversial than the generic so called "tapping up"(which shouldn't bother anyone since it's usually just the normal answer to a certain question).

Jenks

You're basically saying Barca players are worse than the rest, when everyone does it.

I don't believe everyone does it, some do, but do they do it at the same level, and the same frequency? I don't believe so, and I don't think many non-Barca fans would believe so either. This is relatively tame an insignificant on it's own, but not when you look back at some of the other instances. Man-handling Cesc into a Barca shirt is something I still would go so far as to call pathetic, and the shot with Pique and Puyol at the Emirates with a picture of Cesc showed a complete lack of respect too. It seems to be the mentality at Barca that this sort of thing is OK. Well, until a team takes a young player who wants to leave of course, and then it's immoral :lol:

Arachnid

Next to nothing. What Rooney did is classless too. What's your point?

Like I've said, if his was a one off, then fair enough, but it isn't. Barca players pull this shit all the time. I mean they haven't stooped anywhere near the same level they did during the Cesc saga, but still.

Well, it's not Barça players, it's all players, particularly outside of England. Because everywhere else it's just assumed that you will get a player or not depending on how much money you offer, it's not considered a particular problem talking about the player from another side. Or recite the epic poem you composed about a player from another team, accompanying it of your own erotic fanart. In fact, saying nice things about a possible target you are asked about is considered pretty much good manners.

Again, in England they decide that that's wrong, call it "tapping up", like it matters an iota, and expect the rest of the world to follow suit. Well, that's not going to happen.

Arachnid

I don't believe everyone does it, some do, but do they do it at the same level, and the same frequency? I don't believe so, and I don't think many non-Barca fans would believe so either. This is relatively tame an insignificant on it's own, but not when you look back at some of the other instances. Man-handling Cesc into a Barca shirt is something I still would go so far as to call pathetic, and the shot with Pique and Puyol at the Emirates with a picture of Cesc showed a complete lack of respect too. It seems to be the mentality at Barca that this sort of thing is OK. Well, until a team takes a young player who wants to leave of course, and then it's immoral :lol:

Again, you don't actually think that Cesc changed sides because he saw a tweet with Piqué and Puyol goofing around with his picture, do you? That's called "not giving a shit about the feelings of Arsenal fans" not "tapping up".

Should they care about the feelings of my fellow gooners? Sure, that would have been nice. Am I particularly bothered that they just don't? Don't be daft. Why should they? It's not their job worrying about protecting the poor little feelings of other teams.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
You're basing your theory on one transfer... More specifically, jokes Fabregas' best friends in football did during it (although I believe Reina might have been the one behind the Barca shirt coupe, but he's still a former Barca player).

Ferguson does nothing but whine in the media about signings (slight exaggeration), same goes for the whole Manchester City football club. Eden Hazard convinced his little brother to join Chelsea, Oscar admitting he'd try to get Neymar to sign for the same club, etc

The whole Cesc transfer saga was annoying, of that I agree.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Poaching youngsters like that is smart business by the way, and it's a business Arsenal executives make a lot of money on. They take advantage of a weakness in the Spanish contractual system, and they're definitely not the only ones doing it. With that said I understand the frustration that led to the comments, considering that Arsenal seemed to consistently target Barca kids and get them for free by offering them big money before they could sign for the club. They made offers to atleast 4 Barca players then, and the club also lost a player to Juventus. This from one of the best youth teams in the club's history. They were quite rightly frustrates.

Add to that the circumstances surrounding that other kid's exit (the who left Arsenal for Atletico)

Meitux

we should concider song as only a dm he hasnt played cb for years but anyway yes we should buy a center back and a dm we shouldnt depend on a dm to play 2 positions

Robbie

Or Verthoengen before he signed for Tot'ham.

Zubi, you better have an ace in that lazy useless sleeve of yours.

tumblr_lyzod7w5Xi1qzmtk5.jpg

Boris

12.58 BST Reports in the Spanish media claim that Alex Song has agreed a a five-year contract worth £75,000-per-week to move to Barcelona. [soccernet]
Can those guys be trusted ? I dont really know which 'Spanish media' reported that ...

Home of Barca Fans