Alex Song

Hatem Ben Arfa

If Coloccini is as good as you say, then how did you lot get relegated in the first place?

That was his first season in English football, it can take players a year to adapt to the pace and physical nature of the game here. His first season in the EPL was not his best, he even got some stick from Newcastle fans.

how did Newcastle get relegated in the first place?

1. Mike Ashley - allowing Dennis Wise to bring in players the manager had never even seen play before, players the manager didn't want. Thus making his position unttenable and forcing the manager to leave. Kevin Keegan was proven in court to have been constructively dismissed. Mike Ashley & Managing Director Derek Llambias were proven in a court of law to have lied to Newcastle fans, defending it as 'an exercise in public relations'.

2. 4 managers in 1 season

3. Overpaid, over the hill players only at Newcastle for one last big pay day that wouldn't know the meaning of putting in a shift of hard work or effort. Michael Owen (0 goals in his last 10 games of season, a player that lived off his past record really), Mark Viduka (what professional athlete weighs 95KG), Damien Duff(don't know what to say).

Last edited:

Tembbi

If they accept 15 mil, they must be crazy...

Our previous offer was 12 million, to which Arsenal replied they won't be selling Song for anything under 15 million.
I guess it's pretty much sealed then.

Last edited:

Der Kaiser

15m would be a bargain for him. If I remember correctly transfermarkt.com values him at 28m and they are extremely accurate most of the time.

Another reason why I'd take him over JDS or Sergi Roberto as DM is his height. At 1.82m he's not towering tall, but no midget either, and if we replace Busquets with either JDS or Roberto, our lack of height would become comical.

Tembbi

Another reason why I'd take him over JDS or Sergi Roberto as DM is his height. At 1.82m he's not towering tall, but no midget either, and if we replace Busquets with either JDS or Roberto, our lack of height would become comical.

Would become? Barcelona is already the shortest team in Europe.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Wouldn't mind having Song in our squad, as I've always had a soft spot for him. He's one of those footballers that seem genuinely nice both on and off the pitch. He has also been on quite of a development curve over the past few years, so I reckon he'd be able to pick a thing or two from Xavi, Iniesta & co.

However, would be sad seeing him leave Arsenal as he's been really entertaining for them. Besides, I'd like seeing him play at the Emirates ;)

Home of Barca Fans