Alex Song

Garrus

@Garrus. Why do you take such extreme views. Nobody believes Tito has a vendetta against some players. But the fact is he hasnt rotated enough or given chances to deserving players. Maybe he doesnt like changing the status quo and is too conservative
I have the 'extreme' views?, You're way of the mark with this buddy.
I can't imagine how can i possibly be more neutral, There are things that i don't understand why tito does them, Yet i don't pretend i somehow in a position to know what's better, Not just because i have no clue about being a professional coach, I have no real insight about what's happening inside the team, I'm very far away from them, I'm in a disadvantage in all most every aspect when it comes to judging what should or shouldn't happen, So the only real thing left for me to do, Is to try to infer and Understand his decisions, And try to view things from his perspective.
I don't accuse tito of being stubborn, Just because he didn't use the formation i like, I don't accuse him of being politically biased, Just because he benched a player i like, I don't accuse him of being incompetent, Just because he played a player that i don't like, Because this is what's happening almost everywhere around me.
Now i ask you, Which now do you think is the 'extreme' view.

Song does not compete with Busquets. Busquets could have 10 horrible games in a row and he'd still probably start the next one ahead of Song. Tito is not Pep.

Yeah, Tito doesn't really make changes to the lineup based on form. Which has its advantages (i.e. Pedro got us the goal against PSG that sent us through) and disadvantages.

Last edited:

Mr Hulot

Song deserves nothing more than what he gets in my opinion. He is an average, robotic player who fails to impress even against teams like Mallorca or Zaragoza. Having said that he is a perfect for the role of the defensive midfielder with limited minutes and I hope he stays happy in that role.
Also, Song is another proof of how incapable our scouting team is. I wonder who said to them that Song can also play as a central defender. Personally I am starting to believe that they made this assumption based on the racist stereotype of the big, strong black guy. I don't know what to say...

Stric

For everyone who proposes we start with a double pivot, who do you think should be sacrificed in favor of the extra DM?

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
For everyone who proposes we start with a double pivot, who do you think should be sacrificed in favor of the extra DM?

It's not going to happen so I'm merely answering just to do it. Again, Tito will never start with the double-pivot.

It would either be Pedro or Villa.

Maria

I dunno about "back up", but I thought he was brought in to compete with Busquets.
Why would you believe that? There are few players that can compete with Busi and Song isn't one of them.
If he showed in training that he was in better form, he would play. Tito obviously got him to keep Busquets on his toes.

If that is Tito's reasoning then why
didn't he bought a CB to keep Pique on his toes? He certainly need it more than someone who is, after Messi and Iniesta, our best player.

Stric

Yet the Spain NT uses Iniesta on the left wing. Make up your mind. Playing with a double pivot necessitates getting rid of one other starter, and that means either moving Iniesta to the wing, or benching one of Iniesta or Xavi. Either way, not a good solution, and not a system we're used to. It would be risky to use it in a CL semi-final. I am, however, in favor of subbing Song in during the second half if we're leading.

Antimadridista1

-------- Valdes ---------
Alves - Bartra - Pique - Alba
---- Song -- Busquets ----
-- Pedro -- Xavi -- Iniesta --
--------- Messi ----------

With Alves & Alba both playing like wingers when we're attacking and Song & Busi covering their sides.

abual3bed1

Why are you guys trying to fit Song in the XI so hard?? DMs better than Song couldn't force the coaching staff to do it, how could he?

Stric

For Barcelona, a more disciplined back four and one DM would work better than a double pivot.

Besides, some pekple have a good point. Song is a decent replacement and a squad player, there's no need to push him into our main starting XI. Especially not at the expense of any of our other starters.

Home of Barca Fans