Alex Song

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I think what would really help Song would be playing a double pivot. Why not switch it up a bit and instruct another player to play deeper. Song wouldn't have so much problems in defense, you could still keep the ball as usual and either Song or the player besides him could drive forward from a deeper position.
If he plays against a team like Bilbao that is pretty good give the guy some help in the most crucial area of the pitch.

psychotsek

I think what would really help Song would be playing a double pivot. Why not switch it up a bit and instruct another player to play deeper. Song wouldn't have so much problems in defense, you could still keep the ball as usual and either Song or the player besides him could drive forward from a deeper position.
If he plays against a team like Bilbao that is pretty good give the guy some help in the most crucial area of the pitch.

We tried double pivot and it didn't work at all..

serghei

I would keep him and I would give him more minutes. He makes mistakes, but I think he makes them mostly because he doesn't play on a consistent basis. He makes up for those mistakes by giving us that directness we often lack nowadays. He passes the ball faster and he makes passes that cut through.

He might be a better DM than Mascherano. So, for me, sell Mascherano, keep Song.

e28makaveli

we should sell song, or give him away for free.

c'mon, he is not that worthless.

Song is a good player but.... probably not good enough for Barcelona, unless he can somehow fix his positioning and reduce his mistakes.

I have no problem with mistakes as it can be corrected with enough play time and confidence. By biggest beef with Song is positioning. For his position this is crucial.

CatalinR10

BmADjw4CMAAP98r.jpg:large

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
c'mon, he is not that worthless.

Song is a good player but.... probably not good enough for Barcelona, unless he can somehow fix his positioning and reduce his mistakes.

I have no problem with mistakes as it can be corrected with enough play time and confidence. By biggest beef with Song is positioning. For his position this is crucial.

I even think he could be good enough for us, but not under Tito and definitively not under Tata. Song is a good player that would excel in a different system, but as it looks now he should't play for us. I would sell, he would be the first player out - because we could still get some moneyz for him and he's on high wages. Bring in somebody cheaper, faster (both decisions and physically) and much better defensively. I would probably even try Masch as backup for DM instead of Song, but I'd rather get a new DM backup more technical than Masch.

Home of Barca Fans