Alex Song

Egert

Estonian Culé
Song: "It was a very hard decision. I had options of clubs who are playing in the CL but I chose West Ham because I wanted to come to PL."

omidferoz

why are we not selling him? this is so stupid. If it was madrid or chealse they will have gotten atleast 15-20 million euro out of him.

Stric

Why is anyone even asking why we didn't sell him? Of course we'd sell him if anyone was willing to buy. Imagine how badly we wanted him out if we gave up his services and we're still paying him.

Thanks FCB for spending 19M on a player we never needed in the first place.

JamDav1982

Why is anyone even asking why we didn't sell him? Of course we'd sell him if anyone was willing to buy. Imagine how badly we wanted him out if we gave up his services and we're still paying him.

Thanks FCB for spending 19M on a player we never needed in the first place.

Must not of recieved any acceptable offer from a club Song wanted to go to.

Songs stock is low as teams see a failed Barca midfielder when many teams are actually trying to copy Barcas style.

In a years time if he shows what he can do in a box to box role at West Ham then teams could be more inclined to pay for him as he seems an attractive prospect again.

Personally dont think he has ever been as bad as people make out and the biggest mistake was thinking he could play CB or DM to Barca level.

Stric

To this day, my best memory of him was in his debut game in the Supercup against Real Madrid, where he seemed fantastic. It went downhill from there. He was never horrible, but he's just extra baggage and not really up to the task. And most importantly, too expensive for what he offered.

CuleLife4Life

He was actually decent with Arsenal, its just here he failed. I really do hope that he does well at West Ham and signs for a bigger club. The guy is still relatively young enough to have a few more years at the top.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
To this day, my best memory of him was in his debut game in the Supercup against Real Madrid, where he seemed fantastic. It went downhill from there. He was never horrible, but he's just extra baggage and not really up to the task. And most importantly, too expensive for what he offered.

This. I remember being like :worthy: Didn't he have a 100% pass completion or something like that in that game?

Yup. We paid 20m for a player we really didn't need. As you said, he wasn't horrible, we just never needed him.

serghei

He was actually decent with Arsenal, its just here he failed. I really do hope that he does well at West Ham and signs for a bigger club. The guy is still relatively young enough to have a few more years at the top.

He wasn't "decent" with Arsenal. He was one of the best box-to-box mids in the Prem. And he didn't really failed here. He did his job pretty well when he was counted on, but, for some unexplained reason, he took over the "scapegoat" cloak.

Good squad player, not the best fit with us, but a solid 20m player. Just because we let some players go for peanuts it doesn't mean they're not good. Actually, it says more about our ability to sell, than their ability to play football.

Last edited:

Sunny Mir

He wasn't "decent" with Arsenal. He was one of the best box-to-box mids in the Prem. And he didn't really failed here. He did his job pretty well when he was counted on, but, for some unexplained reason, he took over the "scapegoat" cloak.

Good squad player, not the best fit with us, but a solid 20m player. Just because we let some players go for peanuts it doesn't mean they're not good. Actually, it says more about our ability to sell, than their ability to play football.

+1

khaled_a_d

This

Home of Barca Fans