Alex Song

Alarcón

What's up with the Masch hate? He gets 2 games as DM and you are already writing him off, don't you think you could let him settle into the role before you judge him? Added to that he has done just fine when given those few chances in midfield. This is nonsense.

I also judge Douglas after one game :neymar: Has nothing to do with how well Masch has done, I just don't think he fits into our midfield, of course I'll give him a chance to prove himself more but that doesn't prevent me from speaking my mind, and I don't think him playing more will chance anything

Alik

I also judge Douglas after one game :neymar: Has nothing to do with how well Masch has done, I just don't think he fits into our midfield, of course I'll give him a chance to prove himself more but that doesn't prevent me from speaking my mind, and I don't think him playing more will chance anything
What makes you think Song is better?

Alarcón

Did you not see him play football for us?

Masch looks far better for us than Song ever did.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. Maybe Masch is playing in a system that actually works.

Masche was a god at dm at the WC.

Yes he was very good, and he would be a better DM than Song for almost any team in the world, but not for Barça imo. Anyway it's no sense discussing this as most people won't change their opinion on it, let's just hope we'll see more of Masch in defensive midfield, and agree that Song eats Roberto alive.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Masche was a god at dm at the WC.

IMO Masche is 5 clases above Song at that position. Song isn't made for Barca , that's why we loaned him. Song is really slow and not agressive anough.

His WC performance was severely overrated after netherland game(he was gr8 that game for sure) ,he is gr8 in a double pivot system when the other player can build up plays and all he have to do is defend
But even with Argentina his limitations was obvious ,he was one of the main reasons that Messi had to drop way down to get the ball because Masch is clueless with the ball specially when he get from the defenders,once Germany applied high pressing in the final he was one of the worst players on the Pitch ,he kept putting pressure on his defense because once he get the ball he pass it back to the CB again
Song wasn't as bad as people made him at DM tbh .I would have prefered him as DM for Barca
Mascherano is a gr8 footballer ,he is a player that fans easily would love due to his spirit ,aggressiveness and the fact he never complains when he is playing out of position ,but he is just a bad fit with Barca ,he doesn't fitin defense due to lack of height and in midfield due to lack any skills with the ball

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I do not think Song would be better than Masche as our DM. But the role Rakitic is playing, kind of a box to box midfielder who has to provide physicality, would suit him really well.

zanela

He's playing pretty well in PL it looks like? We might certainly recoup his fee when we sell him, we might even make some profit if he continues playing like that.

LOL. Clubs know he's a player we don't need. Why would they want to pay anything for him, and also match his 5m € wages, when they can just use his services on a free. Barca will most likely continue to loan him out till his contract runs out (like we'd done with our prev flop transfers), or just release him next summer.

Tonykross

LOL. Clubs know he's a player we don't need. Why would they want to pay anything for him, and also match his 5m € wages, when they can just use his services on a free. Barca will most likely continue to loan him out till his contract runs out (like we'd done with our prev flop transfers), or just release him next summer.
Barca can't release him or else they have to payout the rest of his contract.

khaled_a_d

Clubs knew we didn't need Alexis or Cesc either ,but they are good players that they had to overpay other clubs to get them ,Song is proving he is a good one too so there will be a market for him next year

Robbie

I have a feeling he'll end up at Man United or Liverpool if he's still for sale after this season.

Or you guys might just keep him, with that 2 year transfer ban still in effect. Either way, I'm happy he's sorted his head out and is back to being quality

amircule

Song: "It wasn't that I was not playing at Barca because I'm a bad player. I wasn’t playing because they have the best players in the world"
LEGEND

Home of Barca Fans