Alexandre Pato

zanela

pato is brilliant, but it's been proven that, even in a 433, when bojan starts bojan scores.

Barcelona is a very creative side. We create more chances than most teams out there. So, scoring goals for our front 3 has never been a prob in recent times...And, i dont think a La Masia player 'll 've a prob playing in a 4-3-3.

give sadbrows the same opportunities pato has had as a first-teamer and their success levels would be similar.

They play for 2 diff sides. One in a 'defensive' league, a team which hasn't been at its best for a few years now with teammates who are towards end of their careers...while the other plays for the best club in the world, with the current best players in their positions. U cant overlook these factors... Its not about opportunities, its about individual quality & ability...give Pato the same opportunities as Bojan in Barca..i'd say the former would 've done better...

he hasn't been that amazing because we haven't NEEDED him to be that amazing.

U dont NEED a player to be amazing. Either you ARE or your NOT...u can still be amazing playing 20/30 mins...If u are a gr8 talent, u'll have ppl sit & take notice...his manager would 've more faith in him by starting him everyweek than spending millions over a foreign player...And, its not coz he is only 19, as there are strikers of his age who do so for their respective clubs. Its because he isn't as good as some of the culés make him to be(i'm sure pep knows that)...Lets just say, if he was playing for another club, he is not someone our club would 've been interested in...The fact that he is a La Masia product AND he is good (not gr8) he 'll get his chance in the first team.

I'm not anti-Krkic Meta..I just havn't seen anything from the lad so far that has impressed me or which suggests he can be 1 for the future.

Last edited:

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
I think Pato is defianetly the better player at the moment but Bojan fits our system really well which makes me think maybe we should stand by Bojan.

Evil

Shabazz
Pato is clearly the better player atm. Hopefully Bojan will score a double at the Bernabeu as well.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Bojan will no doubt be a good player given enough playing time but it's really hard to say if he'd do as well as Pato.

Pato is a superstar, and unless he cops Brazilian syndrome and starts partying too much, he should eventually become a truly world class player. Whether he'll end up as an all time great? Only time will tell. But right now, as Zanela said, he's probably the best striker of his generation based on what we've seen.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
He needs to leave AC Milan. They are a very big club but they are on a downwards slope.I can defianetly see Chelsea, Manure or Madrid signing him in the future.

Ataraxia

Well the very fact that at the age of 19-20 and with veterans in the squad with him yet the management and coach and everyone putting all responsibility for Milan's success on his shoulders means he has to be an excellent player.
He was pissed that he hadn't scored for almost 6 games before the Roma match so when he did score, he was like screaming all over the place. He said if he scored in the match he won't stop scoring. And he did score two more goals after that game in Madrid so hopefully this will be an exciting season for him.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I think Pato is helped by the fact he's a little bigger and slightly more skillful. I'd still say Bojan is the better finisher. He's got decent pace and close control but I wouldn't say he's skillful. So Pato is always likely to make more of an impact. Under Rijkaard we were forced to play Bojan and he stepped up, scoring a great return of goals. He's a natural in front of goal if he's given games he'll score goals. Villa was given chances to play at his age in the Segunda and he performed. All round ability comes with experience and development.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Pato has had way more minutes than Bojan, giving him an edge in experience and confidence... Also Pato has had less pressure to become a star, while Bojan is being called to be the next spanish wonder...

I have faith both players will be very important for whatever side they play in the future, as they have great potential and class...

[FCB]Messi[10

Pato has had way more minutes than Bojan, giving him an edge in experience and confidence... Also Pato has had less pressure to become a star, while Bojan is being called to be the next spanish wonder...

I have faith both players will be very important for whatever side they play in the future, as they have great potential and class...

Of course they will. They are both great players and very young. We might see one of these players winning the Ballon D'Or some day if they get better. Which they will, I have fool confidence that they will.

desoe

Also Pato has had less pressure to become a star

Not if you ask Milan's fans, though.

After Kaka's departure and Ronaldinho being a history, they really have nothing else than Pato. Sadly, the only light in the tunnel. And it looks like a huge pressure on his shoulders to me.

Co0ter

I recently posted this concerning out left wing position...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe7
Robinho or Silva would be perfect but not Mata. If Robinho stopped making troubles off the pitch then I think having him would be better than Silva

I'm Brasilian and I like Robinho but he isn't aggressive enough as a winger for me. He likes to do quick moves to impress and get crosses/clever passes in. Thats great and all but IMO we got enough of that, especially with Ibra not only as a scorer but great playmaker as well.

We need someone who is going to get the ball quickly from a clever midfield pass and take off. Someone who isn't afraid to take on defenders 1 vs 1. Henry does it sometimes but he's getting to old to compete with young/quick defenders; he's already adjusted his game to mainly get off crosses from his runs.

IMO Silva or Pato. I love Silva and I think he's a great player; a pretty complete footballer at what he does. He can play winger and midfield. My definate second choice by far. However the BEST choice for me is Pato. Insane speed and skill with both feet. Isn't afraid to take on defenders and is DEADLY infront of the net. He does what he does playing for a very, VERY subpar AC Milan side. I can't imagine how fantastic he'd be playing with not only our midfield; but Ibra and Messi as well. The best part about it is that he's a proven player and only 20 years old.....quite worth the investment.

Messi and Pato wreaking havoc on the wings. I'll be dreaming tonight.

Now pertaining to this post:

I think Pato is just as deadly as a finisher as Bojan; however he would have more vision and be a much bigger threat down the wing with his speed. I see Bojan as much more of a get the ball on the wing near the net, quick move and pass it across the 18. Bojan, to me, is a striker whom would be best lurking infront of the net- not a winger. And ladies and gents, we have Ibra for that. Now Bojan is still young so we could hang onto him for some odd years until Ibra is older, but would he want to stick around? Probably not.

IMO Pato will get frustrated with AC Milan's performance and eventually want to leave for greener pastures. I at least PRAY that he will think this way. As for now; they were the big club who discovered him, gave him a chance and helped allow him be who he is today. I believe he knows that and will stay with them this year and maybe the next b/c of loyalty. I hope he leaves b/c I dont see him embracing his full talent if he stays there.

Ataraxia

Pato has one huge flaw despite having an awesome finish for his age and awesome maneuvers:

He can't control his pace. 75% of the time he gets the ball he just kicks it very far ahead of him. This problem has been going on ever since he started playing. I can't believe he hasn't learned already.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Pato has one huge flaw despite having an awesome finish for his age and awesome maneuvers:

He can't control his pace. 75% of the time he gets the ball he just kicks it very far ahead of him. This problem has been going on ever since he started playing. I can't believe he hasn't learned already.

You know who can? Jo Jo. :party00231:

Ataraxia

LOL JoJo knows how to dive .... oh well NOT !:lol:

I can't get the vedio to post it here but this kids is so immature and funny he probably did the funniest dive ever ....and at the age of 19 !!!! How many players can do that ?

Home of Barca Fans