Alexis Sanchez

Pepe Silvia

He can be useful against most clubs, but against big clubs he disappears too often. He tends to make himself relevant at the wrong times. If he stays, I'll still hope he performs well, but those are my overall thoughts on the lad up until this point and I'd still prefer that he left to another club (trying to be as objective as possible.)

kostasgtc

the are no many attackers in this world with the quality to get that kind of goals and can (AND WANT) help the team in defending and pressing part for all the time he plays (even coming from bench),in ALL games.
just valluable.keep him and hell becoming even better by time.specially if he stays injury free.
by the way his transfer costed 26 m not 35 which places him somewhere between cigrinsky and offermars.
+he wanted to come to barca rejecting bigger offers and pushing udinese to accept barcas offer.
not a bad deal at all for the club imo.
ps.someone said it here before and he was right (i can see it now) HATERS GONNA HATE.

Richard.H

Cash in on him while his value is still relatively high. We can easily get 20-25 mill for him if Juve really wants him which would cover nearly all of the cost of Neymar (amazing when you think about it). We have a plethora of attackers in Pedro, Messi, Neymar, Tello, Cuenca, Deulofeu and Iniesta. Use the money to buy a world class CB, a GK, and an extra winger if the Sanchez spot needs to be covered.

It could be a true gem of an offseason if the Barca board is smart and becomes more business/success minded rather than feeling sympathetic for primadonnas that get paid millions to kick a ball around.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
A wonderful goal from Alexis, showed key elements of why many of us thought he'd be a success here in that buildup for the first goal...Shame it has happened so infrequently, hopefully times are a changing

FiReFTW

Alexis could be good, but he really needs to work on his finishing. 1000 shots every day for the whole pre season !

rixxer

the are no many attackers in this world with the quality to get that kind of goals and can (AND WANT) help the team in defending and pressing part for all the time he plays (even coming from bench),in ALL games.
just valluable.keep him and hell becoming even better by time.specially if he stays injury free.
by the way his transfer costed 26 m not 35 which places him somewhere between cigrinsky and offermars.
+he wanted to come to barca rejecting bigger offers and pushing udinese to accept barcas offer.
not a bad deal at all for the club imo.
ps.someone said it here before and he was right (i can see it now) HATERS GONNA HATE.

This. Combination of skill+working rate+still young and developing+strength is not easy to find and if we add confidence...it will be asset to keep not to sell.

Zuess99

Nah Alexis is shit cause of the pressure , we put so much pressure on these new signings that they are scared to try stuff out, how many tricks does alexis try compared when playing for chile and udinese , all because of our possession policy. Then comes the "try find messi" thing. Tito should tell him to have freedom on the pitch , our forwards should be equal in importance . I sometimes feel that if they had it their way ppl like alexis would shoot at parked buses but are scared cause they risk loosing possession.

MagicianMessi

Nah Alexis is shit cause of the pressure , we put so much pressure on these new signings that they are scared to try stuff out, how many tricks does alexis try compared when playing for chile and udinese , all because of our possession policy. Then comes the "try find messi" thing. Tito should tell him to have freedom on the pitch , our forwards should be equal in importance . I sometimes feel that if they had it their way ppl like alexis would shoot at parked buses but are scared cause they risk loosing possession.

I agree with you.Barca should end "last pass messi" thing and give a little bit more space and freedom to other strikers.

ceefoo

That's a good point you've made regarding Alexis not expressing himself, like he does for his country and used to for Udinese.

At Barca there is an emphasis for our players to keep possession and work past opponents using give-and-goes and overlapping runs. I agree with you that our flair players, such as Alexis and Neymar SHOULD be allowed to take risks (in the final third), otherwise what's the point of buying players like this?

One of our biggest problems this season is, we haven't been as adventurous around the box. If one of our players finds himself in space 22 yards from goal with a clear sight at goal, have a shot. So what if it's blocked or saved! You could maybe get a lucky deflection or it could lead to a corner. Don't always look to find Messi.

Our average Shots per Game for our other forwards is only around 1.5. This should be up around 2.0 SpG for a Wing-Forward. I don't know if this is how they are instructed to play by mgmt., or if they have an inferiority complex compared to Messi. But they have to start taken more responsibility, try a trick and beat their man, and be a little more selfish, in front of goal.

Andrew M

Cash in on him while his value is still relatively high. We can easily get 20-25 mill for him if Juve really wants him which would cover nearly all of the cost of Neymar (amazing when you think about it). We have a plethora of attackers in Pedro, Messi, Neymar, Tello, Cuenca, Deulofeu and Iniesta. Use the money to buy a world class CB, a GK, and an extra winger if the Sanchez spot needs to be covered.

It could be a true gem of an offseason if the Barca board is smart and becomes more business/success minded rather than feeling sympathetic for primadonnas that get paid millions to kick a ball around.

I don't think Juve are an option now. They seem keen on Higuain and he will cost 20-25 million, which they would pay in instalments.

Home of Barca Fans