Alexis Sanchez

USWAY

Why has he waited for so long?

Because it's hard to jump in and immediately play great in the Barca system as a winger when your given so much freedom and space for your old club and your NT? Not to mention the RB who plays behind you is a terrible defender and you have to cover for him.

Look at the guy the last two months or so, he's been playing great. He's clearly figuring it out. He's healthy and he's getting after it.

Mr Hulot

Because it's hard to jump in and immediately play great in the Barca system as a winger when your given so much freedom and space for your old club and your NT? Not to mention the RB who plays behind you is a terrible defender and you have to cover for him.

Look at the guy the last two months or so, he's been playing great. He's clearly figuring it out. He's healthy and he's getting after it.

I thought he was really bad against Bayern and I cannot even remember him dribble past an opponent in the last two months. Comparing his good performances,as you say with Tello's, I find Tello to be the better performer.

USWAY

I thought he was really bad against Bayern and I cannot even remember him dribble past an opponent in the last two months. Comparing his good performances,as you say with Tello's, I find Tello to be the better performer.

I think most everyone was bad against Bayern, we were dominated. But I would agree that Tello was better which is why I would hope, although you never know with Tito, that next season started out with Tello and Alexis flanking Messi. I think they've earned it.

El Guaje

Who was not really bad against Bayern?

Mr Hulot

Who was not really bad against Bayern?

My point is, even though he is apparently in very good form, he failed to deliver in our only really competitive game during the last two months. He still has a long way to go to be the player we expected, when we bought him. And also this:
still not an excuse,talking about individually..

PS: Also, I finally learned how to use multiquotes :lol:

El Guaje

still not an excuse,talking about individually..

My point is, even though he is apparently in very good form, he failed to deliver in our only really competitive game during the last two months. He still has a long way to go to be the player we expected, when we bought him. And also this:

PS: Also, I finally learned how to use multiquotes :lol:

It is still plain wrong and unfair to point him out and saying he was terrible against Bayern when everyone else was.

I do agree on that he is not the player we expected him to be, but he has still been outperforming Pedro two seasons in a row, scoring and assisting more while playing much less. Though thats not much of an accomplishment considering how terrible Pedro has been...

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It is still plain wrong and unfair to point him out and saying he was terrible against Bayern when everyone else was.

I do agree on that he is not the player we expected him to be, but he has still been outperforming Pedro two seasons in a row, scoring and assisting more while playing much less. Though thats not much of an accomplishment considering how terrible Pedro has been...

But also, tactically Sanchez has been superb for us - much better than Pedro. He can dribble, pass and hold on to the ball much better than Pedro - this is very important in our possession based tactics. I would like Sanchez to improve one more level, and I know he can make it - he should definitively stay one more season.

Armando929

He hasn't been that bad this season. He's offered us assists and a good workrate. His finishing isn't his strength that much is clear.

I would only sell him if a monster offer came. But he should stay ahead of Pedro that's for sure.

Indignado

He can dribble but he rarely dribbles past the defense, unlike Tello. I remember him standing on the left flank man-to-man against Lahm, then he dribbled 3 players or so and when he was finished he was almost in our half. This and the fact that he's not a scorer (which a Barça winger has to be) are the reasons why I don't see him as a starter here, ever. Now with Neymar coming and our prospects looking sharp, there's no need for a mentally weak 30-40m transfer to rot on the bench.

CatalinR10

775053103.gif

Stric

More proof that he's 10 times more useful on the left, same as any other of our forwards. We have no right winger.

Home of Barca Fans