Alexis Sanchez

Pepe Silvia

What a game,he is going to kill it this season! :worthy:
Well, I'd love to join in your enthusiasm but don't you think European defenders will be a little more greedy with space and in overall physicality?

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, because I thought Alexis was perhaps our best on the night, but I want to be clear that this was Santos, not Real Madrid.

I am very happy to see his confidence back for a few games now, his passing and tiki-taka understanding gel, and when he continues in this vein in the cups, I will be cheering loudly for the guy. He deserves it after the hard work he has put in. He can't afford to falter though at this stage of his Barca career. It's gotten that critical how I see it.

CesDel

Well, he was great at the end of the season and has been, arguably, our best player in the preseason. That's a good sign..

Pepe Silvia

Well, he was great at the end of the season and has been, arguably, our best player in the preseason. That's a good sign..
It is a good sign :) As much of a harsh critique as I am of the guy, I genuinely want him to succeed, and I was telling my wife that today. I haven't seen any tripping over himself. I haven't seen any crybaby stuff. I haven't seen him losing the ball in dangerous areas or compromising our back line. I see him putting his head down and contributing. Onward and upward I say.

Pepe Silvia

Still waiting for this kind of performance against Real Madrid.
I know. The sad part of his good performances is you can never sit back and fully trust he will do the same next game. It's always a gamble. Hope he does come good though... all season and most importantly, when we need him.

Meitux

It was an exceptional performance,and that is the role that suits him apparently.I still keep quite,waiting to see if he will be consistent.

desoe

I feel bad for Pedro, if Alexis continue like this :lol:

In-form Alexis on the right and Neymar on the left. The best thing is that this could fire Pedro up, too.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I feel bad for Pedro, if Alexis continue like this :lol:

In-form Alexis on the right and Neymar on the left. The best thing is that this could fire Pedro up, too.

Pedro also played alright tonight, I think there will be enough minutes for both - but right now Asexis is ahead.

And for all of you who complain about Alexis not being able to pull this stuff against Madrid - well even Iniesta, Messi, Xavi etc have an off day sometimes. If Alexis can raise his lowest level just a little bit than we're good.

CatalinR10

Haha, guess you didnt watch his first game ever for Barcelona?

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

His performance last night wasn't even near the ones he had so far against Madrid.

Home of Barca Fans