Alexis Sanchez

Galning

He never was a goalscorer in the first place. It's so annoying because people will always find a way to criticize a player. Look at the "Messi doesn't run" crap. Alexis wasn't good last season but I don't expect more goal from him next season.

serghei

He never was a goalscorer in the first place. It's so annoying because people will always find a way to criticize a player. Look at the "Messi doesn't run" crap. Alexis wasn't good last season but I don't expect more goal from him next season.

I think 15-20 goals from him isn't a lot to ask. Nowadays, being a goalscorer means scoring 30+ goals per season. He can't score 30, that's obvious, but under 10 is still embarrassing, team player or not.

oz187

I think 15-20 goals from him isn't a lot to ask. Nowadays, being a goalscorer means scoring 30+ goals per season. He can't score 30, that's obvious, but under 10 is still embarrassing, team player or not.

He scored 11 goals last season and 15 the season before that. He's also had injuries both seasons.

ss81bja

I didn't want to judge players against weaker sides except to say that people can see the different styles between Alexis and Pedro (mind you i don't really compare the two). Alexis is definitely a winger and Pedro is a CF (mostly). The problem would be how to play Alexis in this setup and we will just wait to see how Tata uses him and all other players.
Traditionally Barca is looking for a player like Pedro and are even playing Dongou more because the preference is more for a forward than a winger.

serghei

He scored 11 goals last season and 15 the season before that. He's also had injuries both seasons.

Yes, but the majority of those 11 goals were scored either in Copa del Rey early stages, vs easy opponents, or in La Liga, when things were already decided. With no pressure at all. As for Alexis's first season, I'm happy with how he played. However, this season, I want at least 18 goals from him, preferably when it counts most.

XaviTheCreator

When you're talking about Alexis, he's got outstanding workrate and pacing, but seems to freeze up when he's in position to score. I think with his skill set he'd be best utilized in playmaking, making runs into the box to create space for the finishers and to help mark the opposition's flank/cover for Alves when he's deep on our side.

Pete

Sanchez did not shine last season, and I think this season he has to with Messi and Neymar, or he will be moved on.

Pepe Silvia

It's actually really exciting to know that he will be paired with two other South American players and a coach that understands his way of playing. I made up my mind that I will not be contributing negativity towards the guy anymore and gonna try to really get behind him and hope for a solid season for him. It might be a conscious effort at first but I think he can really do it now with more resources in his favor.

Jadentheman

Yes I will also wait till the end of the season for judgement. But if Deulo does well in the Premier League then I know who will be going next Summer.

Ursegor

World Champion
Just a few games but even a blind man can already see that both Pedro and Sanchez aren't glued to the touchline anymore. The width comes from the fullbacks whereas both Pedro and Alexis are allowed to roam in the center and get into scoring positions more often. For example against Santos that passage of play where Sanchez and Pedro were combining together with DEM backheels - I don't remember the last time when these 2 were this close to each other on the same flank to link up together last season. We're also flooding the box with a lot more bodies and we do it very quickly. No fuffing around with long sequences of triangle passing in the middle of the park which allows the opponent to regroup. And of course the pressing is back. Tactically I believe we will be a lot stronger this season and Pedro and Sanchez (and actually the whole team) will benefit from it. :tito:

And I still can't believe that Messi is actually chasing the ball and in a pre-season friendly at that. That shot from the goalkeeper which almost killed Neymar was a direct result of Messi pressing like a madman. Guess he can't disobey an Argentinian coach or the press in Argentina won't be positive for him. Smart move to appoint Tata. :worthy:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Just a few games but even a blind man can already see that both Pedro and Sanchez aren't glued to the touchline anymore. The width comes from the fullbacks whereas both Pedro and Alexis are allowed to roam in the center and get into scoring positions more often. For example against Santos that passage of play where Sanchez and Pedro were combining together with DEM backheels - I don't remember the last time when these 2 were this close to each other on the same flank to link up together last season. We're also flooding the box with a lot more bodies and we do it very quickly. No fuffing around with long sequences of triangle passing in the middle of the park which allows the opponent to regroup. And of course the pressing is back. Tactically I believe we will be a lot stronger this season and Pedro and Sanchez (and actually the whole team) will benefit from it. :tito:

And I still can't believe that Messi is actually chasing the ball and in a pre-season friendly at that. That shot from the goalkeeper which almost killed Neymar was a direct result of Messi pressing like a madman. Guess he can't disobey an Argentinian coach or the press in Argentina won't be positive for him. Smart move to appoint Tata. :worthy:
man you make it sound like the team would do far better than they did in 08-09 season!!

Ursegor

World Champion
:rofl1:

That cracked me up.

67p86c6y.gif

Messi with DAT pressing so Neymar gets killed and he can stay the GOAT. Surprised MARCA aren't on this yet.

man you make it sound like the team would do far better than they did in 08-09 season!!

We will. Trust me. Are you not excited. :busquets:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
It's actually really exciting to know that he will be paired with two other South American players and a coach that understands his way of playing. I made up my mind that I will not be contributing negativity towards the guy anymore and gonna try to really get behind him and hope for a solid season for him. It might be a conscious effort at first but I think he can really do it now with more resources in his favor.

That's very good to hear/read, not only because I think you are good poster but also because supporting our players is essential... Objective criticism is always welcome though, just don't go over the top, hahaha...

Home of Barca Fans