Alexis Sanchez

Meitux

This is what i don't like.Get excited so early and after insulting him.Lets just wait for the season to start and see IF we performs well and consistently.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I think he will majorly because before even when he had a "good game" you would still notice there so many little details ranging from his first touch to understanding with his teammates to even making a simple dribble to retain possession that just werent good enough. Whatever the mental blockage was that was preventing him from enjoying his freedom out on the pitch it seems to be gone. Apart from the goals he has scored and been involved in there seems to be a refinement in his overall game, which is great because he may have an off game, but least he is able to deliver on the simple basis of making good passes, being confident on the ball, not losing possession carelessly and just the being integrated in the team.

P

PhilS

The team play we are now seeing from Alexis is what is so encouraging. This is the distinguishing characteristic of the better Barca players. Alexis really turned a corner about the middle of last season, now he will be a regular starter for many years to come.

This same process will not happen immediately for Neymar, despite Neymar's skill level. I expect Neymar to be #4 choice among the forwards for at least a couple of months, maybe for half a season or longer. Playing for Barca is a lot different than playing for any other team except La Roja.

serghei

Still waiting for this kind of performance against Real Madrid.

Actually, he had his moments vs. Real Madrid. Last year was a bad year for him, true, it can happen to anyone (check Pique, Alves, Pedro, even Xavi etc.), but, hey, let's not act like Alexis has played poorly all the time for us. He pretty much brought us back in the game vs Madrid (3-1) and he tied the home game at 1-1 minutes after he came on the field in the 2011/2012 season. His first season at Barca was a good to great one. Pitty that he was unfortunate to hit to crossbar at Stanford Bridge with Chelsea.

Alexis can be very difficult to like, but the man has tons of talent and he showed that more than once for us. Some of the goals he rarely scores are similar to what a certain Messi does. The fact that he works so hard and is so altruistic make me like this player a lot. Plus that, when he misses, he's funny as hell. :)

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Actually, he had his moments vs. Real Madrid. Last year was a bad year for him, true, it can happen to anyone (check Pique, Alves, Pedro, even Xavi etc.), but, hey, let's not act like Alexis has played poorly all the time for us. He pretty much brought us back in the game vs Madrid (3-1) and he tied the home game at 1-1 minutes after he came on the field in the 2011/2012 season. His first season at Barca was a good to great one. Pitty that he was unfortunate to hit to crossbar at Stanford Bridge with Chelsea.

Alexis can be very difficult to like, but the man has tons of talent and he showed that more than once for us. Some of the goals he rarely scores are similar to what a certain Messi does. The fact that he works so hard and is so altruistic make me like this player a lot. Plus that, when he misses, he's funny as hell. :)
haha so true. Especially about the misses :lol:

USWAY

Honestly I don't even see what's difficult to like other than his rough patch last year, which hardly justifies disliking one of our own when most of the team had down years under Tito. He doesn't complain and he works hard.

Some try to use his price tag as an excuse, and happen to leave out the fact we only got him and for what we did because he flat out REFUSED to go anywhere else (Man City) and forced Udinese to negotiate with us.

serghei

Honestly I don't even see what's difficult to like other than his rough patch last year

He's clumsy with the ball at times - maybe because he wants to play very fast and forward - and he goes down too easily and way too artistically. It's like he expects to be photographed every time he's fouled, so he orchestrates a special (non-realistic) fall - "the Sanchez fall". he ends up being theatrical most of the time, and that's not a good image for him. Neymar shares this sin too. You don't want people to remeber you as a clown.

barcanuck

Had a brilliant pre season so far. Lets hope it continues when the season starts.

I agree he's been a top 3 forward for us thus far. I'm a pessimist / hater on Sanchez a bit but I've watched him closely and I haven't been angry about too many turn overs, fall overs and dumb decisions yet.

lovebarca

seeing his current positioning i think we wont able to judge alexis based on goals only because he mostly played on wings or stretching defense for other attackers.tata may be just see him as winger not out in forward.
he may be this season just assist machine but not goal scorer.
but still great player till now.big improvement .
hope he continues like this....

Home of Barca Fans