Alexis Sanchez

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
He was clearly fouled that one time (if we're thinking of the same situation) and drew a yellow card. He has cut down on his actual diving, and has been getting fouled a lot more in recent games.

misterplatin

Was all hardwork and no reward but this is what we needed today. Ran all the 80minutes he played and tried to battle with their defenders. Him and Pedro should get equal marks to Messi for today's work .Can't help it when all Atletico did was defend and hit on counter.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
his passing was better, got an assist and although he makes the most of challenges which is annoying, he did actually just fall over a lot today :lol:

I think he looked better than Pedro but that's not saying much.
In the end, what the heck, the system is working. Tito obviously prefers 2 hard working wing-forwards to compliment Messi and add balance to Xavi-Iniesta.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think he had a good match today, got out of some sticky situations with some nice dribbling and his passes are showing improvement...

footyfan

Calma, calma
I really like this player. He was good today. Does he really have such bad balance though? Aren't good dribblers like him supposed to be great at this stuff?

barcanuck

He has some of the worst balance I've seen in a long time. In duels he always ends up on the grass or gets pushed very easily. His trickery and runs is what makes him good though. Decent performance against Atletico though. His pass to Messi was just bad though, Messi had to use his insane world class skills to bring it down and score. Any other player though it would of been a different story.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
In the end, what the heck, the system is working. Tito obviously prefers 2 hard working wing-forwards to compliment Messi and add balance to Xavi-Iniesta.

Concur...It's frustrating to repeatedly see but the results are still happening...I just can't believe it will last indefinitely with him at far less than his potential

kostasgtc

Was all hardwork and no reward but this is what we needed today. Ran all the 80minutes he played and tried to battle with their defenders. Him and Pedro should get equal marks to Messi for today's work .Can't help it when all Atletico did was defend and hit on counter.
THIS

kostasgtc

AND AND THIS fgs

GiantKiller

The conclusions people end up with by evaluating the Alexis of Barca are more often than not the total opposite of those people would end up with had they watched the Alexis of Udinese. Amusing.

M

Malappapper

Cazorla would have been better than either Alexis or Pedro. That's what I think at least.

Pepe Silvia

He has some of the worst balance I've seen in a long time. In duels he always ends up on the grass or gets pushed very easily. His trickery and runs is what makes him good though. Decent performance against Atletico though. His pass to Messi was just bad though, Messi had to use his insane world class skills to bring it down and score. Any other player though it would of been a different story.
Couldn't agree more really. That pass was terrible and the amount of misplaced passes and the time he spent on the grass was just embarrassing.

I'd like to add that to those posters who are happy seeing these results, don't expect to see the same results in Europe if we don't shed some of this dead weight soon. It won't cut it as we've seen before. La Liga, sure it works, not in CL though.

M

Malappapper

Couldn't agree more really. That pass was terrible and the amount of misplaced passes and the time he spent on the grass was just embarrassing.

I'd like to add that to those posters who are happy seeing these results, don't expect to see the same results in Europe if we don't shed some of this dead weight soon. It won't cut it as we've seen before. La Liga, sure it works, not in CL though.

Those are my exact thoughts as well.

It is blindingly obvious, that other than Messi our forward line is totally ineffective. It will be a really tough call to win the CL. But even if we win the CL, I will still want Alexis and Villa out. Maybe Pedro as well.

And two class forwards should be brought in.

xavi_the_Boss

Do you consider Sanchez as dead weight?
This team is definitly strong enough to win the Cl this season.Don´t know why you would think otherwise.

Home of Barca Fans