Alexis Sanchez

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Everybody, chill the f out! Alexis has been one of our best players the second part of last season, the pre-season and the start of this season. I know the hate is strong with many of you, but this is just ridiculous - who are you comparing Alexis with? Messi? You know that's not fair. But we should have played him in the Messi role instead of Cesc and Cesc instead of Xavi last match - he needs to start scoring goals to further improve his confidence.

André

Everybody, chill the f out! Alexis has been one of our best players the second part of last season, the pre-season and the start of this season. I know the hate is strong with many of you, but this is just ridiculous - who are you comparing Alexis with? Messi? You know that's not fair. But we should have played him in the Messi role instead of Cesc and Cesc instead of Xavi last match - he needs to start scoring goals to further improve his confidence.

This, this, this and THIS!!!!

Ghost

:lol: @ the Sanchez fanboys saying he has been our best player in the last 3 matches.

No offence, but that is just laughable. He wasn't bad but he wasn't the best either.

barcanuck

But can we not compare Alexis with Robben who cost Bayern 24 million or Ribery who cost 26 million? Both players are doing what wingers should do more than Sanchez. How about Di Maria who cost Real 26 million?

I think we are all being overly critical but he is playing for Barca and we expect alot, we expect a winger to be like Pedro in his 2 glory years and score 20-25 goals a year. When we don't get the big game goals from him we start seeing his flaws and there is many. There is also many good ones as well but so far for me at least his negatives outweight the positives. We could of sold him and bought Hazard a couple of years ago or better yet just stuck to our La Masia wingers and bought a proper defender a couple of years back.

serghei

But can we not compare Alexis with Robben who cost Bayern 24 million or Ribery who cost 26 million? Both players are doing what wingers should do more than Sanchez. How about Di Maria who cost Real 26 million?

I think we are all being overly critical but he is playing for Barca and we expect alot, we expect a winger to be like Pedro in his 2 glory years and score 20-25 goals a year. When we don't get the big game goals from him we start seeing his flaws and there is many. There is also many good ones as well but so far for me at least his negatives outweight the positives. We could of sold him and bought Hazard a couple of years ago or better yet just stuck to our La Masia wingers and bought a proper defender a couple of years back.

In the first year he scored in both Real Madrid games, arguably the two toughest games of the year. On Stanford Bridge, he was unlucky to hit the crossbar and in the home game he scored, but the goal was disallowed. He also scored twice in the away game vs Leverkusen with two great finishes. So in his first year scoring in tough matches wasn't an issue. His first year with us was unexpectedly good. In his second year, with Tito, we had a collective problem in winning that decisive games. Alexis had a bad year, like many of our top players, including Pedro.

serghei

:lol: @ the Sanchez fanboys saying he has been our best player in the last 3 matches.

No offence, but that is just laughable. He wasn't bad but he wasn't the best either.

Acording to Sport.es and TotalBarca he was among our best men in all three games. It's hatred that you don't see it.

serghei

Sanchez has been winning 1v1s all the time the past three games, the only reason he lost possession so often is because he got double teamed or even triple teamed.

Also Tello is garbage on the right wing, unfortunately.

Glad to see someones gives credit where credit is due.

Gohan

Super Saiyan

We can't compare prices anymore. Prices have skyrocketted in the last 1-3 years. If you want to buy a Robben/Ribery/Hazard or even a Di Maria now you have to pay atleast 40mil.

Stric

We can't compare prices anymore. Prices have skyrocketted in the last 1-3 years. If you want to buy a Robben/Ribery/Hazard or even a Di Maria now you have to pay atleast 40mil.

That's true, but the point still stands. Even if you were to compare Alexis' price with what would be Robben's or Ribery's prices nowadays, it would still show a huge disproportion in quality and performance between the first and the other two.

oz187

Alexis did well against Malaga. It was a tough away game, there was no Messi and Pedro was ineffective the other side so Malaga put a lot more focus on him. He wasn't outstanding, but was one of the best players on the pitch.

kostasgtc

i would prefer over alexis only ribery from all those and maybe hazard (i have seen him only in few games).robben never defends and di maria tries with no success.
BUT if ribery costs 26m or even 40 he would be already here i quess.

Home of Barca Fans