Alexis Sanchez

oz187

He did ok, he had a couple of good dribbles to the byline and getting balls in. Passing and ball control was a bit rough (a lot of the team seemed to do that though). Pressing and off the ball movement was good as usual. Definitely more confident than he was a year ago.

Kerrybai

I'm still anti Sanchez. 3 seasons in and for me he is still very average. I hope we sell him next summer for 15-20.

Don't get me wrong the guy has bags of talent but it takes a very special player to make it at Barca, and for me Sanchez comes up short 9/10 times.

Pedro offers all the work rate and effort for 0% of the fee.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Pedro offers all the work rate and effort for 0% of the fee.

The way people go about this it's like we're a poor club; sure, we shouldn't splash the cash on every single talent we see, but if we buy someone for 40 million and they're not the next Messi that doesn't mean they're not good. In these three seasons, he given us 27 goals and 17 assists in 65 games(source), which is a decent return considering he's only 24. Sure, he's not the most consistent, but even if he gets 15-20 goals + assists every season for the next four or five years, he'll be good value.

barcanuck

Like everyone says you can't have both Alexis and Pedro .. need to get rid of one and get a true CF. Neymar And Messi are going to have to carry us.

Kerrybai

The way people go about this it's like we're a poor club; sure, we shouldn't splash the cash on every single talent we see, but if we buy someone for 40 million and they're not the next Messi that doesn't mean they're not good. In these three seasons, he given us 27 goals and 17 assists in 65 games(source), which is a decent return considering he's only 24. Sure, he's not the most consistent, but even if he gets 15-20 goals + assists every season for the next four or five years, he'll be good value.

You are right, and I admit I am one to often refer to his price tag. But when it comes down to desperate situations where we need something special Sanchez has never been the player to inspire the team. He feels so ordinary when it matters the most. I see his talent and feel it is been wasted at Barca, we simply don't suit his playing style and never will.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Tracking back a lot doesn't make someone a good defender. He'd get destroyed in every 1 vs. 1, would have problems holding players offside, would be out of position a ton... The only reason he wins the ball tracking back so much is that he's often double-teaming the attacker, and running in with whatever angle he likes, instead of having the attacker decide the angle.

CatalinR10

476.gif

karthik

Beautiful assist and great great work to send Neymar through on goal. Only if he can improve his close control and short passing, he would be fantastic for us

Home of Barca Fans