Alexis Sanchez

oz187

btw ^_^ who thinks alexis is better than di maria ?

I do. Di Maria is a good player but he's not amazing. He also doesn't have a strong mentality. Alexis was player of the year in Italy, Di Maria would never be at that level. Now that Alexis is adapting and maturing expect him to continue grabbing headlines.

Icarium

Lifestealer
When it comes to scoring awesome goals sanchez is better than di maria, but di maria creates more chances. Sanchez is more of a striker pace awesome goals whereas di maria is very good crosser and creates more chances. Overall sanchez has more potential than di maria. The main problem of sanchez is his inconsistency he provides one good game and then disappears for 10 matches, this season he finally seems to provide consistent results.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Di Maria has better creativity, trickery, and overall on the ball ability. Sanchez however has far better off the ball movement and is overall a much better support player rather than a focal point. Even as Alexis scores more, he'll still have the profile and style of a support player, however I find that to be to his advantage rather than a bad thing.

Armando929

Di Maria hasn't been good for a couple of seasons now, though. He's more skillful than Sanchez, but Alexis is more athletic and works harder. His off the ball movement is top notch and he plays better within a system than Di Maria whom to me often looks out there like he's just doing his own thing and not linking up with the likes of Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, etc. Alexis ALWAYS looks for his teammates and he's always looking to play off of Messi, Neymar, Pedro, and Villa when he was with us. Not to mention that Alexis does very good work pressuring defenders.

I'd take him over Di Maria any time.

oz187

Di Maria does not have more ability than Alexis. It if seems that way, it's because he plays in a counterattacking team and has lots of space to work with. When he is on the wing, he also has a striker to aim for, in fact he'll often have multiple players to aim at and a lot of them aren't midgets either.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Di Maria does not have more ability than Alexis. It if seems that way, it's because he plays in a counterattacking team and has lots of space to work with. When he is on the wing, he also has a striker to aim for, in fact he'll often have multiple players to aim at and a lot of them aren't midgets either.

What? Do you even watch Real Madrid? You're too dismissive of Di Maria, his dribbling is far better than Alexis and he does it whether he has space or not. A lot of his crosses/chip through passes are to feet, height of the player doesn't matter and majority of the time it's Cristiano arriving from the wing, so it's not a set striker in the box either. Alexis has never shown the passing range that Di Maria possesses, neither at Udinese where he had a lot of space nor at Barca.

Last edited:

serghei

What? Do you even watch Real Madrid? You're too dismissive of Di Maria, his dribbling is far better than Alexis and he does it whether he has space or not. A lot of his crosses/chip through passes are to feet, height of the player doesn't matter and majority of the time it's Cristiano arriving from the wing, so it's not a set striker in the box either. Alexis has never shown the passing range that Di Maria possesses, neither at Udinese where he had a lot of space nor at Barca.

We don't need Di Maria, because we have Neymar - who's the same kind of player, only better. We need Sanchez. And we also don't need players with passing range, 'cause we have Xavi, Iniesta, Busi and even Cesc who have that passing range you're talking about. Attackers don't pass, they make a difference. And guess what, Alexis did in 20 min. what Di Maria didn't do in 90, made a difference.

CesDel

That's not true, though. He was a pretty good passer there, he still is for Chile.

At 1:38

And against Peru

footyfan

Calma, calma
We don't need Di Maria, because we have Neymar - who's the same kind of player, only better. We need Sanchez. And we also don't need players with passing range, 'cause we have Xavi, Iniesta, Busi and even Cesc who have that passing range you're talking about. Attackers don't pass, they make a difference. And guess what, Alexis did in 20 min. what Di Maria didn't do in 90, made a difference.

I agree with your post, but if you actually read carefully, I responded to the poster who said "Di Maria does not have more ability than Sanchez". Stop being so defensive. Di Maria has also made the difference in the last so many clasicos with his work rate, passing, pace and movement.

That's not true, though. He was a pretty good passer there, he still is for Chile.

At 1:38

And against Peru

I am well aware of how good of a passer Sanchez is. Those two recent passes were outstanding and he does show it from time to time at Barca as well. However, Di Maria can pull off any kind of pass, short, long, chip over defenses, through passes splitting the defence, outside of the foot passes, rabonas etc.

You have to actually watch Di Maria regularly to know how good he is. For the original poster to say that Di Maria only looks better because he has space/targets in the box suggests to me that he doesn't really follow Real Madrid a lot.

kostasgtc

I agree with your post, but if you actually read carefully, I responded to the poster who said "Di Maria does not have more ability than Sanchez". Stop being so defensive. Di Maria has also made the difference in the last so many clasicos with his work rate, passing, pace and movement.

I am well aware of how good of a passer Sanchez is. Those two recent passes were outstanding and he does show it from time to time at Barca as well. However, Di Maria can pull off any kind of pass, short, long, chip over defenses, through passes splitting the defence, outside of the foot passes, rabonas etc.

You have to actually watch Di Maria regularly to know how good he is. For the original poster to say that Di Maria only looks better because he has space/targets in the box suggests to me that he doesn't really follow Real Madrid a lot.

he is great player but in nowdays barca will look like shit.end of story....
im not deffensive but to say reus or di maria or who else is better than X-player of barca is a bullshit.
sorry but you had to learnt by now that barca is a totally different team.
f.e. neymar was (and is) a top class scorer in brazil and now has the same goals with alexis who last year was useless for the 90% of barca fans.
just think about it.
and by the way did u see any di maria on saturday.:adriano: (adriano not maldini) made him his bitch in my book.

kostasgtc

AND the only player i would like to see in barca from that shit -team builded by the shit ex- coach they had is pepe.
i would take him and loan him to barca b to give him daily practice match against DONGU and you know what?
he whould love it:lol:

Meitux

he is great player but in nowdays barca will look like shit.end of story....
im not deffensive but to say reus or di maria or who else is better than X-player of barca is a bullshit.
sorry but you had to learnt by now that barca is a totally different team.
f.e. neymar was (and is) a top class scorer in brazil and now has the same goals with alexis who last year was useless for the 90% of barca fans.
just think about it.
and by the way did u see any di maria on saturday.:adriano: (adriano not maldini) made him his bitch in my book.
What? So Excuse me, Reus is worse player than who? Or for you every Barcelona player is a god? Like you already know that Reus wouldn't fit into this team right? Or that everybody who knows Barcelona's way of play is automatically a good player and we should forget if generally he performs or not.. And you think that Reus is not good for our team? :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans