Alexis Sanchez

kostasgtc

What? So Excuse me, Reus is worse player than who? Or for you every Barcelona player is a god? Like you already know that Reus wouldn't fit into this team right? Or that everybody who knows Barcelona's way of play is automatically a good player and we should forget if generally he performs or not.. And you think that Reus is not good for our team? :lol:
i only say that to compare players from 2 different teams is TOTALLY wrong.
specially when talking about barca which has a unique style of play and the demands are totally different from any other team.
i ve seen reus and di maria and i know how great they are BUT di maria "lives" from open games with o lot of space something will never find in barca and he ussually moves where messi move in our current system.
PLUS both of them must learn the function of the team,something that takes time.
SO i preffer to stay with alexis and pedro who know already (maybe alexis needs more work there) and have already loved the team.
as for your question: I DONT KNOW until i see him playing for barca.
my question is?
did u know that ibra wasnt good for barca?

Meitux

specially when talking about barca which has a unique style of play and the demands are totally different from any other team.
i ve seen reus and di maria and i know how great they are BUT di maria "lives" from open games with o lot of space something will never find in barca and he ussually moves where messi move in our current system.
PLUS both of them must learn the function of the team,something that takes time.
SO i preffer to stay with alexis and pedro who know already (maybe alexis needs more work there) and have already loved the team.
my question is?
Every player who moves into a new team needs some to adapt into a system, that's normal, And Reus wouldn't find it difficult apparently to fit into Barcelona, he has all the elements needed for here. Didn't Alexis need time to adapt here? What exactly should that mean, that we shouldn't buy players because it could take sometime for the to adapt? That's pretty unreasonable. And no, Alexis is a very good player but you don't have a complete image of him of a full season into a consistant good form, it's still earlly to know about if he continues on or not, i hope he does but certainly as i said before he's a supportive player and not a goalscoring player, who would make things of his own. This system has flourished by dynamic players most notably of those 2 trio's Henry - Eto'o - Messi and Villa - Messi - Pedro. Ever since this changed we have struggled in attack whenever Messi doesn't play or doesn't score others players around him couldn't make it. Pedro he has been off form since long time, Villa after his injury has been below his class in time and Alexis who was inconsistent and is a supportive player. We have got Neymar now it's a big improvement but this system needs all of them 3 to be able to create/score and interchange positions. So Alexis as good as he is he doesn't fit into this system for me, you could say that we have 2 players to rely on (Messi and Neymar) but it's yet to be proved if it's enough.

As for Ibrahimovic i never wanted him to come here, especially in a huge price alongside a player who worked in that system really well (Eto'o). And it was pretty easy to understand that this man wouldn't make it into this team because of his big ego being the number 1 of the team and that wouldn't happen from the moment Messi is there, Pep wouldn't accept that. Ever since 2010-2011 season our attack is based on players supporting Messi and not on an attack which every player of it should be capable for many things, like Henry and Eto'o. And that's what people like you can't understand..

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
my question is?

I'm sorry but there are a lot of things wrong with this statement.

Firstly, you can certainly compare players from different teams. Skills and abilities are comparable, and even though teams might play differently, you can still take these abilities and skills and compare them to your own particular play style.

Secondly, you're wrong about di Maria. He is an extremely versatile player capable of playing many positions, and play them well. While you see him be very efficient under the space afforded him in Madrid, make no mistake, di Maria is very capable of playing in congested spaces and creating space where there is none.
His role for Argentina right now speaks volumes to his abilities. He is basically playing the Iniesta role and doing so extremely well. His quick link up play with Messi under tight spaces is prove to my point.

Thirdly, your preference to staying with Alexis and Pedro over the hypothetical acquisition of any or both of di Maria and/or Reus, is simply obtuse. Under current condition Alexis promises, yet needs more consistent and sustained time at this level to convince. However, Pedro is very disappointing. If any of our 3 forwards were to go down, Pedro would instantly mean a significant downgrade. Tello as well.

Alexis is not a scoring forward, he is a creative forward player ideal to complement other scoring forwards in attack. Every time he has excelled, it has been under this circumstances. The issue at hand is the fact Barca only have 1 pure scorer in Messi. Neymar is still a work in progress, and our midfield, while magical at game control and creation, is sub par in scoring. Barca do not need more complementary creative forwards. They need more direct, quick striking, scoring forwards.

Both Reus and di Maria are more direct and offer more scoring than Alexis. That is not saying they are better players, just have different abilities and offer different things.

Can Alexis change and evolve his game into a more direct, scoring style? Perhaps. He is talented enough. We'll see.

kostasgtc

Every player who moves into a new team needs some to adapt into a system, that's normal, And Reus wouldn't find it difficult apparently to fit into Barcelona, he has all the elements needed for here. Didn't Alexis need time to adapt here? What exactly should that mean, that we shouldn't buy players because it could take sometime for the to adapt? That's pretty unreasonable. And no, Alexis is a very good player but you don't have a complete image of him of a full season into a consistant good form, it's still earlly to know about if he continues on or not, i hope he does but certainly as i said before he's a supportive player and not a goalscoring player, who would make things of his own. This system has flourished by dynamic players most notably of those 2 trio's Henry - Eto'o - Messi and Villa - Messi - Pedro. Ever since this changed we have struggled in attack whenever Messi doesn't play or doesn't score others players around him couldn't make it. Pedro he has been off form since long time, Villa after his injury has been below his class in time and Alexis who was inconsistent and is a supportive player. We have got Neymar now it's a big improvement but this system needs all of them 3 to be able to create/score and interchange positions. So Alexis as good as he is he doesn't fit into this system for me, you could say that we have 2 players to rely on (Messi and Neymar) but it's yet to be proved if it's enough.

As for Ibrahimovic i never wanted him to come here, especially in a huge price alongside a player who worked in that system really well (Eto'o). And it was pretty easy to understand that this man wouldn't make it into this team because of his big ego being the number 1 of the team and that wouldn't happen from the moment Messi is there, Pep wouldn't accept that. Ever since 2010-2011 season our attack is based on players supporting Messi and not on an attack which every player of it should be capable for many things, like Henry and Eto'o. And that's what people like you can't understand..
nice post with arguments but i disagree that 3 stars is a must for the front 3.
in fact the ibra fail proves the opposite.
thats why eto left first place and the next year we won the ch.l. with pedro and villa score 22 and 23.thats numbers that is on target for alexis and neymar this year.
plus we have pedro and cesc who will score 10-15 each.
another fact is that villa in his 3 years in barca scored about 45 times and alexis
in 2 and now started the 3nd has already 31, plus 20 assist, plus a much more hard work.
so where is the inconsistency i cant see.
u will say he get injured.
yes but thats not delete the fact that alexis allready offered more.
you also say we struggled in attack.
i dont remember a single year since pep era we struggled in attack.
in defence on the other hand?
yes,last year a lot but thats another story.
as for ibra if you are trully speaking u must know that you are the exception.
as far as i can rememper everybody was excited about him.
and they were right he is unique player but....not for barca.

Pepe Silvia

Pedro and Neymar are both pure goalscorers. Pedro lacks form and service and Neymar is being integrated into the team, but 1v1 they are about as lethal as it gets in terms of putting the ball in the net.

Alexis, while surging forward and making efforts in this department, is more of an attack minded and creative midfielder than a pure goalscorer. Tello, I don't know what the hell he is...

kostasgtc

I'm sorry but there are a lot of things wrong with this statement.

Firstly, you can certainly compare players from different teams. Skills and abilities are comparable, and even though teams might play differently, you can still take these abilities and skills and compare them to your own particular play style.

Secondly, you're wrong about di Maria. He is an extremely versatile player capable of playing many positions, and play them well. While you see him be very efficient under the space afforded him in Madrid, make no mistake, di Maria is very capable of playing in congested spaces and creating space where there is none.
His role for Argentina right now speaks volumes to his abilities. He is basically playing the Iniesta role and doing so extremely well. His quick link up play with Messi under tight spaces is prove to my point.

Thirdly, your preference to staying with Alexis and Pedro over the hypothetical acquisition of any or both of di Maria and/or Reus, is simply obtuse. Under current condition Alexis promises, yet needs more consistent and sustained time at this level to convince. However, Pedro is very disappointing. If any of our 3 forwards were to go down, Pedro would instantly mean a significant downgrade. Tello as well.

Alexis is not a scoring forward, he is a creative forward player ideal to complement other scoring forwards in attack. Every time he has excelled, it has been under this circumstances. The issue at hand is the fact Barca only have 1 pure scorer in Messi. Neymar is still a work in progress, and our midfield, while magical at game control and creation, is sub par in scoring. Barca do not need more complementary creative forwards. They need more direct, quick striking, scoring forwards.

Both Reus and di Maria are more direct and offer more scoring than Alexis. That is not saying they are better players, just have different abilities and offer different things.

Can Alexis change and evolve his game into a more direct, scoring style? Perhaps. He is talented enough. We'll see.

alexis 7 app.but 5 as a sterter-5 goals-2 assist-15 shots.
di maria 10 app-1goal-2 assit- 19 shots.
reus 10 app-5 goals-4 assist-37 SHOTS.
1.di maria is not a scorer at all but a creative midlefielder.alexis is definatelly more of a scorer.
2.reus is taking way much more efforts in dortmund than he should propably ever take in barca hypotithecally.
anyway even if i compare these stats( which for me at least isnt right) i cant see any differences in favour of di maria or reus.more of the opposite i whould say.
so while some dreams about super trios with di maria or reus or who else i
will enjoy nemessis or nemedro or what ever tata decides which in my eyes doing excellent so far.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
alexis 7 app.but 5 as a sterter-5 goals-2 assist-15 shots.
di maria 10 app-1goal-2 assit- 19 shots.
reus 10 app-5 goals-4 assist-37 SHOTS.
1.di maria is not a scorer at all but a creative midlefielder.alexis is definatelly more of a scorer.
2.reus is taking way much more efforts in dortmund than he should propably ever take in barca hypotithecally.
anyway even if i compare these stats( which for me at least isnt right) i cant see any differences in favour of di maria or reus.more of the opposite i whould say.
so while some dreams about super trios with di maria or reus or who else i
will enjoy nemessis or nemedro or what ever tata decides which in my eyes doing excellent so far.

Your stats are incomplete.

Counting CL and domestic league.

di Maria - 12app(3 as sub) - 4G - 6A - 2.2 shots per game - 2.5 key passes per game - 1.2 completed dribbles per game.
Reus - 12app(1 as sub) - 6G - 4A - 4 shots per game - 3.1 key passes per game - 1.9 completed dribbles per game.
Alexis - 7app(3 as sub) - 5G - 3A - 1.8 shots per game - 0.9 key passes per game - 0.7 completed dirbbles per game.

di Maria shoots just about as much as Alexis, and Reus just shoots 2 more per game than Alexis. Hardly the picture of inefficiency you tried to paint with the above post.

Further, other stats show both the other players being much more determinant and much more dangerous and direct than Alexis.

Also, keep in mind Alexis has had an extremely strong start, we shall see if he can keep it up, specially scoring wise. On the other hand, both the other players have proven in season's past that the level they are playing now is very much sustainable.

kostasgtc

Your stats are incomplete.

Counting CL and domestic league.

di Maria - 12app(3 as sub) - 4G - 6A - 2.2 shots per game - 2.5 key passes per game - 1.2 completed dribbles per game.
Reus - 12app(1 as sub) - 6G - 4A - 4 shots per game - 3.1 key passes per game - 1.9 completed dribbles per game.
Alexis - 7app(3 as sub) - 5G - 3A - 1.8 shots per game - 0.9 key passes per game - 0.7 completed dirbbles per game.

di Maria shoots just about as much as Alexis, and Reus just shoots 2 more per game than Alexis. Hardly the picture of inefficiency you tried to paint with the above post.

Further, other stats show both the other players being much more determinant and much more dangerous and direct than Alexis.

Also, keep in mind Alexis has had an extremely strong start, we shall see if he can keep it up, specially scoring wise. On the other hand, both the other players have proven in season's past that the level they are playing now is very much sustainable.
its not only "2 shots more" its the more of the double shots.
i didnt try to draw inefficiency i just try 3 posts now to tell you that reus will not be the same in barca because he wont have the same responsibilities but anyway everybody sees what wants to see.

Mr Hulot

I like what I am seeing very much. His newly found confidence makes him not only a completely different player than the one we were used to see last year, but it also eliminates his most annoying characteristic, which is his eagerness to fall down.

Home of Barca Fans