Alexis Sanchez

CesDel

I agree with your post, but if you actually read carefully, I responded to the poster who said "Di Maria does not have more ability than Sanchez". Stop being so defensive. Di Maria has also made the difference in the last so many clasicos with his work rate, passing, pace and movement.

I am well aware of how good of a passer Sanchez is. Those two recent passes were outstanding and he does show it from time to time at Barca as well. However, Di Maria can pull off any kind of pass, short, long, chip over defenses, through passes splitting the defence, outside of the foot passes, rabonas etc.

You have to actually watch Di Maria regularly to know how good he is. For the original poster to say that Di Maria only looks better because he has space/targets in the box suggests to me that he doesn't really follow Real Madrid a lot.

Belive me, I know how good Di Maria is. I honestly think that he is Real Madrid most dangerous player when on the ball. But all I am saying is that he has shown that he ain't no bad passer either.

And also, there is a reason why alot of Real Madrid fans call Di Maria a dumb player, even though he has great vision. And that's because he always, and I mean always tries to do a hollywood pass. That's why, IIRC, he tends to have a very poor passing % compared to other creative players. I am pretty certain that if Alexis would try it as much as Di Maria, he would have a very similiar amount of incredible passing highlights.

serghei

A confident Alexis is a great Alexis

Good game, but not his best, he missed a couple of easy passes IMO. He wasn't played in the second half, probably because everyone was trying to give the ball to Messi, so he can score - I could tell Messi wanted badly to score last night.

Gaines10

I think we are really starting to see the potential of Sanchez.

Take a look at these stat:

Cristiano Ronaldo: 8 league goals, 86 shots, 2 of the 8 goals via penalties.

Alexis Sánchez: 6 league goals, 16 shots, 0 penalties.

If you take out Cristiano's penalty goals, Alexis Sanchez has scored just as many goals as Ronaldo, while doing it with 70 less shots taken.

Alexis Sánchez has scored 4 out of Barcelona's last 7 league goals.

F

Flavia

Neymar and Tata had a positive impact on him. Mostly Tata, but I thought Neymar's arrival could be bad for alexis.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Neymar and Tata had a positive impact on him. Mostly Tata, but I thought Neymar's arrival could be bad for alexis.

Yeah, I also thought Neymar would be the final nail in his coffin, but it had the opposite effect and that's something we should be happy about...

And nice avatar, hahaha, I didn't notice Neymar was there at first and then totally surprised me...

barcanuck

1. Messi
2. Neymar
3. Sanchez
4. Dani Alves
5. Adriano
6. Mascherano

The south americans are all loving Tata, all of these guys are having a great time under Tata.

klc123

I think we are really starting to see the potential of Sanchez.

Take a look at these stat:

Cristiano Ronaldo: 8 league goals, 86 shots, 2 of the 8 goals via penalties.

Alexis Sánchez: 6 league goals, 16 shots, 0 penalties.

If you take out Cristiano's penalty goals, Alexis Sanchez has scored just as many goals as Ronaldo, while doing it with 70 less shots taken.

Alexis Sánchez has scored 4 out of Barcelona's last 7 league goals.

And that is the problem I have with statistics, especially when you look at such a small part of football, such as shot/goal statistics.

Those stats make Sanchez seem like a better player than Ronaldo, which is clearly not true.

I am impressed with Sanchez' current form, I just hope he can keep it up, Right wing is one of our weakest positions at the moment, now that we have neymar who is playing superb on the left.

Pepe Silvia

Tata believes in Alexis and knows how to use his talents. He has worked wonders on his confidence, and with Neymar and Alexis up front (hopefully Pedro can restore some form as well) we have a very formidable attack again!

Home of Barca Fans