Alexis Sanchez

André

I can show you clips or gifs where his first touch is out of this world. For every clumsy touch there is at least a brilliant one. You need to see the big picture here, and that big picture seems to show that, so far this season, Alexis has been quintessential for Barcelona and his national team. The rest is opened for interpretation, but his performances were often world class this season and that is a fact.

Alexis has south-american unpredictability and wildness. That often works to his advantage, but sometimes it looks like, somehow, he has learned to do only the hardest things in football - like a perfect chip or a cascade of dribblings -, and forgot to learn the easy, routine, stuff. He has some hiccups in his play, but, when you look at how much he brings to the team, the hiccups don't really matter that much. In time, once he will become more mature and less of a Niño Maravilla, he will lose some of the things that define him as a player. He will have less bad touches, but less brilliant executions too - because both the genius and the crazy misses come from the same young part of him. But, right now, were talking about the yin and yang of Alexis - with the very important amendament that the yang (good part) is overshadowing the yin (bad part) and certainly not the other way around. You don't cherry pick what you like and don't like in a player, but rather appreciate the package or you don't. Right now, I think we need Alexis Sanchez more than Alexis Sanchez needs us. He could play even better in other teams, due to the fact that his style is not really tailor made for Barcelona, but I'm very happy with his overall performance so far this season.

"This shouldn't happen every game" - and this is a clear and biased exaggeration from my point of view. His bad moments this season were sporadical and pretty much irrelevant, certainly not present in every game as you suggest. Neymar had some bad executions too this season, but few bring that up and the reason is simple. When compared with the good things Neymar brings to our game, the bad misses and clumsy executions don't matter. This is also the case of Alexis.

[youtube]PG7oSZXrITE[/youtube]

CesDel

Natural goalscorer or not. His first touch lets him down way too much for my liking. This shouldn't happen every game.

avum76pw.gif

oyvw54qm.gif

Couple this with his inability to dribble past defenders and his goals really overshadow his overall performances. Or am I too harsh?

Considering how hard the pass was, the 2nd one is actually a pretty good.

kostasgtc

I can show you clips or gifs where his first touch is out of this world. For every clumsy touch there is at least a brilliant one. You need to see the big picture here, and that big picture seems to show that, so far this season, Alexis has been quintessential for Barcelona and his national team. The rest is opened for interpretation, but his performances were often world class this season and that is a fact.

Alexis has south-american unpredictability and wildness. That often works to his advantage, but sometimes it looks like, somehow, he has learned to do only the hardest things in football - like a perfect chip or a cascade of dribblings -, and forgot to learn the easy, routine, stuff. He has some hiccups in his play, but, when you look at how much he brings to the team, the hiccups don't really matter that much. In time, once he will become more mature and less of a Niño Maravilla, he will lose some of the things that define him as a player. He will have less bad touches, but less brilliant executions too - because both the genius and the crazy misses come from the same young part of him. But, right now, were talking about the yin and yang of Alexis - with the very important amendament that the yang (good part) is overshadowing the yin (bad part) and certainly not the other way around. You don't cherry pick what you like and don't like in a player, but rather appreciate the package or you don't. Right now, I think we need Alexis Sanchez more than Alexis Sanchez needs us. He could play even better in other teams, due to the fact that his style is not really tailor made for Barcelona, but I'm very happy with his overall performance so far this season.

"This shouldn't happen every game" - and this is a clear and biased exaggeration from my point of view. His bad moments this season were sporadical and pretty much irrelevant, certainly not present in every game as you suggest. Neymar had some bad executions too this season, but few bring that up and the reason is simple. When compared with the good things Neymar brings to our game, the bad misses and clumsy executions don't matter. This is also the case of Alexis.
once again a brilliant post from serghei.
i just want to add that i have the impression that alexis is a kind of high intencity and enthusiastic player who dont have the experience to save his power for the crucial moments.
thats one of the reasons he looks clumsy sometimes.
i thing that was the case against granada were in 2nd half he pressed like crazy and when he found him

kostasgtc

once again a brilliant post from serghei.
i just want to add that i have the impression that alexis is a kind of high intencity and enthusiastic player who dont have the experience to save his power for the crucial moments.
thats one of the reasons he looks clumsy sometimes.
i thing that was the case against granada were in 2nd half he pressed like crazy and when he found him

Stric

Barcelona needs Sanchez more than he needs Barcelona. Right. :lol: :lol: Good post otherwise, but that particular statement is laughable. At least in general. Right now, I would even agree. But the yellow part on its own is not true. The club only needs one player more than he needs the club, and that's Messi.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

:worthy:

F

Flavia

Barcelona needs Sanchez more than he needs Barcelona. Right. :lol: :lol: Good post otherwise, but that particular statement is laughable. At least in general. Right now, I would even agree. But the yellow part on its own is not true. The club only needs one player more than he needs the club, and that's Messi.

I agree. I can't understand how Barça needs Alexis more than he needs Barça. Really can't.

CatalinR10

I think these days no one could say he isn't world class when you consider how he ended last season and his performances of this season so far , but calling him a natural goalscorer is just too much. For a person who watched every game of Alexis 's at Barcelona since he came here , you just can' t say such a thing.

Here is a video of Messi's passing skills where you can see some of Alexis's terible finishing.

And also these :

Based on his form right now , world class yes , natural goalscorer no.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I agree. I can't understand how Barça needs Alexis more than he needs Barça. Really can't.
Barca needs someone to be a "dirty job" player. Alexis is that player. He runs a lot, intercepts the balls, presses and tackles. He constantly cuts inside without the ball to create space for attacking right back. This is what he is talking about. It is not a very pleasant role. Alexis could be a main star somewhere in Juventus, Milan, Udinese, etc, (where he could be the trequartista, given the full freedom) but he has chosen this role.

F

Flavia

Barca needs someone to be a "dirty job" player. Alexis is that player. He runs a lot, intercepts the balls, presses and tackles. He constantly cuts inside without the ball to create space for attacking right back. This is what he is talking about. It is not a very pleasant role. Alexis could be a main star somewhere in Juventus, Milan, Udinese, etc, (where he could be the trequartista, given the full freedom) but he has chosen this role.
Pedro also does all that. And there are other players who could do that too. It's not something unique to Alexis.

Home of Barca Fans