Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Akexus1.gif

Alexis.gif

dBqkPzI.jpg

813257215.gif

754989864.gif

Not too bad in my opinion...

He's a fine goalscorer, he just can't score right off the bat, and needs a few shots to get going and to get settled before he figures out his finishing.

kostasgtc

Akexus1.gif

Alexis.gif

dBqkPzI.jpg

813257215.gif

754989864.gif

Not too bad in my opinion...

He's a fine goalscorer, he just can't score right off the bat, and needs a few shots to get going and to get settled before he figures out his finishing.
if u ask me his only weakness is that he never finishes with left foot (like pedro f.e.),
but i can see what u mean.

Galning

And thus not a natural goalscorer :p I don't understand why people are desperately trying to prove ME (I never criticized Alexis in the past, quite the contrary, even when 99% of the forum thought we couldn't sell him for over 10M)
I agree with what you say, he is a fine goalscorer but he is not a NATURAL goalscorer which is the statement somebody said a few pages ago.. and that statement is correct. He didn't even mean harm either.

Robin

Alexis is doing really well for a winger. Don't understand why people still try to downplay his performances.

sailor

Alexis is like a mosquito that comes to distub you when you're dying for sleep, while you chase it away it comes back and charges again until it stings you and takes its load of blood :chuckle:

Gohan

Super Saiyan
And thus not a natural goalscorer :p I don't understand why people are desperately trying to prove ME (I never criticized Alexis in the past, quite the contrary, even when 99% of the forum thought we couldn't sell him for over 10M)
I agree with what you say, he is a fine goalscorer but he is not a NATURAL goalscorer which is the statement somebody said a few pages ago.. and that statement is correct. He didn't even mean harm either.

I said he was, well despite what everyone says I have to agree with you know. Alexis is not a natural finisher but he sure isn't bad it!

Also could you name some players who you think of natural finishers?

Galning

I said he was, well despite what everyone says I have to agree with you know. Alexis is not a natural finisher but he sure isn't bad it!

Huntelaar, just to name one.

André

Alexis has 15 goals this season (8 - Barcelona, 7 - Chile). He is not a natural goalscorer ( natural goalscorer - Cavani Ibra Falcao Lewandowski Messi Ronaldo imo ) but he is a very good finisher. Except his left-foot, he is a complete finisher. Chips, powerfull shots, good placement/precision. Also, his header is awesome. Just awesome. Sure, he still can improve, but he is doing well atm.

Galning

Alexis has 15 goals this season (8 - Barcelona, 7 - Chile). He is not a natural goalscorer ( natural goalscorer - Cavani Ibra Falcao Lewandowski Messi Ronaldo imo ) but he is a very good finisher. Except his left-foot, he is a complete finisher. Chips, powerfull shots, good placement/precision. Also, his header is awesome. Just awesome. Sure, he still can improve, but he is doing well atm.

Yeah exactly.
And Robin, nobody is downplaying his performances. We're just saying that he isn't a natural goalscorer, it's not something negative. Neymar isn't one either, just to give an example.

serghei

Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Falcao, Eto'o (circa '05-'09), Van Persie, Shevchenko, Crespo, Inzaghi, Vieri, Henry (mostly during '00-'05), Ruud van Nistelrooy etc. Natural goal scorers are "end of the line" players with an acute sense of goal. Almost all of them are classic, often selfish, strikers.

Alexis Sanchez is not that kind of player. He is hard-worker with buckets of talent, great speed, and flare to spare. That doesn't mean he can't score goals. This whole discussion is about his identity as a player, not about his performances.

Another way to spot a natural goal scorer is to look at penalty-takers. Almost all natural finishers were great at scoring from penalty kicks and all of them make scoring goals seem like a walk in the park when it clearly isn't.

Last edited:

pEllee

Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Falcao, Eto'o (circa '05-'09), Van Persie, Shevchenko, Crespo, Inzaghi, Vieri, Henry (mostly during '00-'05), Ruud van Nistelrooy etc. Natural goal scorers are "end of the line" players with an acute sense of goal. Almost all of them are classic, often selfish, strikers.

Alexis Sanchez is not that kind of player. He is hard-worker with buckets of talent, great speed, and flare to spare. That doesn't mean he can't score goals. This whole discussion is about his identity as a player, not about his performances.

Another way to spot a natural goal scorer is to look at penalty-takers. Almost all natural finishers were great at scoring from penalty kicks and all of them make scoring goals seem like a walk in the park when it clearly isn't.

You mean the same player, who was criticized for not scoring enough goals during his early years? Ibrahimovic game was never about goals. It's only in the last few years he's finally consistently scoring loads of goals. So if you call Ibra a natural goalscorer, then you haven't really seen how he was during his early years.

Seriously, the term "natural "goal scorer" is just bullshit. What does it even imply? That you've always been able to score lots of goals? Then many of the so called "natural goal scorers" are excluded from that list.

Kerrybai

You mean the same player, who was criticized for not scoring enough goals during his early years? Ibrahimovic game was never about goals. It's only in the last few years he's finally consistently scoring loads of goals.

Seriously, the term "natural "goal scorer" is just bullshit. What does it even imply? That you've always been able to score lots of goals? Then many of the so called "natural goal scorers" are excluded from that list.

All the term refers to is players who have an instinct for goal. Inzaghi for example always knew how to find the back of the net in 1v1 situations, RvN could always find the corner of the net when he picked the ball up inside the box.

Sanchez on the other hand would rather pass to a team-mate and that's fine. You can't have outright goal machines up front. The play will become too selfish.

I have not always backed Sanchez but in his current form he is perfect for our team.

serghei

You mean the same player, who was criticized for not scoring enough goals during his early years? Ibrahimovic game was never about goals. It's only in the last few years he's finally consistently scoring loads of goals. So if you call Ibra a natural goalscorer, then you haven't really seen how he was during his early years.

Ibrahimovic moved to Juve in 2004-2005 and he became right away the team's leading goal scorer. That's a natural goal scorer right there IMO.

Home of Barca Fans