Alexis Sanchez

I

instinct

Alexis didn't start in the last 5 games Barcelona lost this season Real Sociedad, Valladolid, Atletico, Granada, Madrid

barcanuck

Blame Xavi and I'm going to keep harping on it. He wanted more midfield control therefore our second best scorer doesn't start any big tough away game anymore. Those are all away games btw.

BerkeleyBernie

Blame Xavi and I'm going to keep harping on it. He wanted more midfield control therefore our second best scorer doesn't start any big tough away game anymore. Those are all away games btw.

This is totally baseless. If I'm Xavi and want more control of the game, I *don't* want Cesc on the pitch, because he is most likely to lose possession either by his slowness or his overly ambitious attempts at making an offensive pass. What I want is Pedro and/or Alexis, making runs and dragging defenders and tracking back, in order to keep the opponent stretched and busy in the back.

Blame Tata and/or the board (whoever is making the damn lineup decisions; sure looks to me like they are playing their $$$ players rather than the best lineup). Tata doesn't give a crap about what Xavi wants (even if any of us actually could read Xavi's mind). It's clear Tata's overall tactics are *not* what Xavi prefers (which is to protect the ball as much as possible). Neymar/Cesc/Tata = "anarchic." Xavi = *not* anarchic.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
This is totally baseless. If I'm Xavi and want more control of the game, I *don't* want Cesc on the pitch, because he is most likely to lose possession either by his slowness or his overly ambitious attempts at making an offensive pass. What I want is Pedro and/or Alexis, making runs and dragging defenders and tracking back, in order to keep the opponent stretched and busy in the back.

Blame Tata and/or the board (whoever is making the damn lineup decisions; sure looks to me like they are playing their $$$ players rather than the best lineup). Tata doesn't give a crap about what Xavi wants (even if any of us actually could read Xavi's mind). It's clear Tata's overall tactics are *not* what Xavi prefers (which is to protect the ball as much as possible). Neymar/Cesc/Tata = "anarchic." Xavi = *not* anarchic.

Didn't you see how the anarchic style stopped after the winter break? That style was working rather well, until the purists cried murder and we returned to our predictable style in January... Just compare it to Tito's season when Roura took over, or should I say when Xavi took over...

B

beautifulgame

we don't have any clear cut evidence but it does seem like xavi is having too much control in the dressing room... i cannot say though.

what i don't get is why he started to take freekicks and corners from the right foot places when neymar was faring better or of course teh obvious option, just let messi take them.

Not good for his (brittle) confidence to sit out so many games. Based of what everyone here Thinks about him he will probably fare even worse now when he has to fill in for Neymar

F

Flavia

It's sport, I know.

BldWW2wCYAAVgCY.jpg:large

But it says in the lower right: "Alexis confronted tata. He didn't even got his 2nd place medal."

BerkeleyBernie

Not good for his (brittle) confidence to sit out so many games. Based of what everyone here Thinks about him he will probably fare even worse now when he has to fill in for Neymar

I doubt it. Both Pedro and Alexis know they are being benched to field $$$ marquee players Cesc & Neymar. Until board/manager changes, they understand their options are to sit a lot or, as Thiago did, move to a team where they will be played based on their merits.

Barcilliant

Didn't you see how the anarchic style stopped after the winter break? That style was working rather well, until the purists cried murder and we returned to our predictable style in January... Just compare it to Tito's season when Roura took over, or should I say when Xavi took over...

Don't tell the truth here-tiki taka fans don't like it!!!

Home of Barca Fans