Alexis Sanchez

el chilenito

His misses were overblown in porportion, I can bet there is less than 10 in that season, even neymar last season was missing sitters but that doesnt make them any less of classy players. I fail to see your point in bringing his sitters in the past .Its obvious your not going to rate sanchez highly regardless of what he accomplishes on the field, for river plate he was one of the key players along with falcao to win them the argentinian league, for udinese him and di natale were the key players in landing them a champions league spot. He won the league with barcelona, your logic that with him on the team they are not going to win anything is so flawed its almost comical.

el chilenito

He was the main man when messi was injured in his second season and pretty much secured the league title with his form in the last 6 month of that season, also barcelona had their best ever league points finish with 100 with him on the team so I fail to see how with him on the team makes the team worse. When he left udinese, they were absolutely slaughtered after. Same with river plate. Thats just like blaming dormund terrible league form on marco reus, it makes absolutely no sense because marco reus is world class.

BBZ8800

He won the league with barcelona, your logic that with him on the team they are not going to win anything is so FLAWED its almost comical.

So, in 3 years before Alexis:
2009: La Liga+Champions league
2010: La Liga, -
2011: La Liga+Champions league

In 3 years with Sanchez:
2012: -, -
2013: La Liga, -
2014: -, -

I will personally always blame Alexis and Fabregas as one on of the main reasons why our best team ever started to crash.
They are not the only reason, there were other things like losing a motivation for too many players, Pep leaving the team, horrible board, but also Pep's 2 horrible major transfers (Fabregas and Alexis) and then trying to incorporate them into a winning team, and thus ruining the winning team.

If you think that one major Trophy out of 6, in 3 years while Alexis was here, is a success and a proof how awesome he was for our team, then we strongly disagree about him and that's it.

In my eyes, he didn't bring too much to Barca, and again, Arsenal is even worse with him (in terms of results), as a 40m signing, in their team.

Last edited:

el chilenito

Also marco reus hasnt won any "important trophies"as you say, so by your logic teams are worse with him as well.which is completely flawed and utterly ridiclous. Marco reus is a worldclass player regardless of trophies same goes for sanchez.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
but my point stands that Alexis can't bring you huge amount of points alone

Yes he can, he's the person who got Arsenal the points this season, it's basically everyone else who is letting Arsenal down. Welbeck's finishing has been poor after his good start, Ramsey has been nowhere near his form last season, we've been defensively naive and have conceded lots of stupid goals.

Ghosting

He was "beasting it" as you say, but none team in which he was the main man ever won any (important) trophy.
It couldn't be just an unlucky coincidence.

Not a coincidence no, none of udinese, chile or arsenal are good enough teams to win anything with or without alexis. Liverpool also weren't good enough with Suarez. And Liverpool is not simply, losing Suarez they've become worse, Sturridge has been injured, Sterling has been average most of the season, henderson has is playing worse, gerrard is continuously declining, none of their new signings have performed up to scratch.

You are saying two things Arsenal + Alexis is way worse than Arsenal last season, and Liverpool minus Suarez is way worse than last season, and you are assuming both things are the only factors, and they are not.

DrPepper

No, he isn't. Look what I meant:
1. Liverpool with Suarez last Season won 84 points in 38 matches, and finished 2nd
-- Liverpool without Suarez has 14 points in 12 matches
-- they will have around 50 points if they will continue this way

2. Arsenal without Alexis won 79 points in 38 matches, and finished 4th
-- Arsenal has 17 points in 12 matches this Season
-- if they will continue with this rate, they will have around 54 points at the end of the Season
-- so, they will earn 15-20-25 points less this Season, with Alexis in their team

Ok, the sample is not large enough, but my point stands:
-- Liverpool was an average team before Suarez
-- they were awesome with him in their team
-- now they are a crap again
-- so, it was a one-man-show in Suarez' case

Alexis and Arsenal?
-- they are even poorer with him in the team this Season, than they were without him last Season

Ok, a lot of factors influence results, but my point stands that Alexis can't bring you huge amount of points alone, like Suarez can

Also, my other point also stands:
= Alexis again has some decent individual stats, but a team in which he is playing, plays weaker in Seasons when he is on the team, than without him

He was "beasting it" as you say, but none team in which he was the main man ever won any (important) trophy.
It couldn't be just an unlucky coincidence.

It's not that easy to compare. You compare Suarez' third year at Liverpool (the only year they were not "average" actually) versus Alexis' first at Arsenal. Also that Liverpool team from last year is way better than this years Arsenal team in terms of individuality and tactical execution and stability. There are a lot of factors that contributed to Suarez' brilliant season. Also let's not forget players like Sturridge, Sterling or Gerrard that were also very very good.

Also you say he makes every team worse, but I think Udinese would disagree with that. And I very much doubt Suarez could do much better than Alexis with this Arsenal team and this manager they have.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Also you say he makes every team worse

It was more in the context that he isn't a player for a top team.

In my eyes, he still:
-- is not good enough for Barca and never will
-- is good enough for Arsenal, but Arsenal still won't profit too much with him on their team
-- is awesome for Udinese or Chile, is by far the best player and is improving their team

GoobiePls

S♥NE
From this thread I can conclude that:

- Ozil is Arsenals best player
- Barcelona was bad cus Alexis was in the team
- Arsenal is bad cus Alexis is in the team

mind is blown

Actually it makes sense, his teammates are too distracted with the sex

L

linetty

Barca wasn't bad because of Alexis even though he didn't fit in, in my opinion

Arsenal is bad because Arsenal is bad

Ozil is not even playing for Arsenal and Alexis scores almost every game so this is simple

B

beautifulgame

Think of it this way, if alexis was around for pep's peak Barca none of you would have any questions about him being good enough or not. That is the simple and plain reason alexis is questioned. But you guys can't realize it

B

BrianSwan

This guy is ridiculous..

Sanchez would easily play for Chelsea, Man City, Juve, PSG, Man United.. Only 3 teams who don't need him are Barca, Bayern and Real.

Alexis definitely wouldn't get into Chelsea's team. Not with the amount of balance and fluidity they have at the moment. He'd have to displace Hazard to get in that side.

Home of Barca Fans