Alexis Sanchez

Galning

He played alright. If you forget about his last performances and just look at this match you can't say he played poorly. Bias is taking over for a lot of posters.

Cule4life

The Culest
He's not hired to finish. He's hired to finish, too, but he's not hired to finish, period. He is hired because he fits the concept with the false 9; because he is extremely quick and works very hard, because his movement is dynamic, intelligent and intense, because his tracking back is ace, because he is energetic, challenging AND a goal threat.

We are not asking him to score Golazos. Just simple finishing which even Pique seems to be able to do. Some of his chances can be converted easily by 16 year old rookie center backs playing in Segunda

MarkYaeger

He's not hired to finish. He's hired to finish, too, but he's not hired to finish, period. He is hired because he fits the concept with the false 9; because he is extremely quick and works very hard, because his movement is dynamic, intelligent and intense, because his tracking back is ace, because he is energetic, challenging AND a goal threat.

I respectfully disagree. Everything you said sounds nice, and yes it's all true to a point. But come on, Alves does that, Cesc does that, VILLA does that. He's hired to do all that AND put it away in tough circumstances, let alone easy ones. He's a starting forward at the best club in the world. There are no excuses for him starting over clear finishers.

If everyone started because they're dynamic and fast, but couldn't finish.. we'd have no goals but wonderful runs; and in our current defensive state, those goals are needed. His chances are wasted, and we can't afford to waste chances just because someone works hard.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

@barcastuff
Roura (assistant): "Very happy with Alexis. He's a bit unlucky in front of the goal, but he doesn't let it affect him. We're not worried."

It seems to affect him to me, but who knows.

Stric

At this point, pretty much all of our starting outfield players are better finishers than Alexis. Several others in the squad, as well... it's really, really sad.

Galning

It definitely affects him but it's not like a coach can come out and say a player has a mental problem. My dog can see it affects him and I don't have a dog, that's how much it affect Alexis :lol:

Stric

@barcastuff
Roura (assistant): "Very happy with Alexis. He's a bit unlucky in front of the goal, but he doesn't let it affect him. We're not worried."

It seems to affect him to me, but who knows.

I just hope they're just being gentlemen in front of the press and not going public with what their actual thoughts are. Because if this is really what the coaching staff thinks, Alexis not finishing suddenly seems like a lesser problem in the grand scheme of things.

My dog can see it affects him and I don't have a dog, that's how much it affect Alexis :lol:

:worthy::worthy::worthy:
:lol:

barca7788

Nepali Cule
@barcastuff
thanks god. at least the people who matter most believe in him. very satisfied with his performances lately. hope he doesnt miss in important matches when given chances. happy that all of our forwards are getting on form.

Stric

Hell, even if we did employ Alexis primarily for providing pace and whatever else is being mentioned here, it's not as if he's automatically excused from scoring in incredibly easy situations.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Some superb movement and dribbling. Can't believe we didn't score a sixth, but that wasn't mainly Alexis fault

Stric

Segunda Division defenders would be fucking crucified for some misses Alexis has managed to pull, then what treatment should we expect regarding a (starting) forward in the world's best team in club football?

Segunda Division defenders would be fucking crucified for some misses Alexis has managed to pull, then what treatment should we expect regarding a (starting) forward in the world's best team in club football?

He's not a starter, but he is higher up on the pecking order than he deserves to be.

Mes que un club

Primera division defenders are getting crucified by the movement of Alexis.

Home of Barca Fans