Alexis Sanchez

barcanuck

The way Alexis performs really makes me want us to purchase Neymar at all costs especially if the legend of Guaje leaves.

Tonykross

Neymar is not disciplined enough to play for Barcelona, teams will kill us on the counter,because he will be caught on the ball all the time.

barcanuck

Thanks cule4life.

@Tonykross - Neymar can also finish chances and create chances Sanchez only dreams about finishing however.

Vapor

The main thing that somewhat bothered me about Alexis's game when he came on was him not actively looking to make more threatening runs for a chance on goal. We were near the end of the game, we needed a goal, but instead of him being up front with Messi on the attack looking to make threatening runs, often I saw him just staying super wide and not really having much of an attacking presence at all. Maybe that was his orders, I don't know. But I feel like whatever other striker is on at that point should have one main objective: score a goal at all costs. Just analyzing his movement, seemed to me that his focus was not on scoring a goal and that somewhat got to me.

Besides that he had a solid game though.

Vapor

This thread needs some more old school Alexis.

[YOUTUBE]SvqUUfCEsGc[/YOUTUBE]

This and his other goals are the only reason I don't lose complete faith in him. He did make some great goals last year and showed some real goalscoring prowess. He seems like a completely different player now.

Some more of his brighter moments. Lets hope this returns soon.

Last edited:

patocerda

The main thing that somewhat bothered me about Alexis's game when he came on was him not actively looking to make more threatening runs for a chance on goal. We were near the end of the game, we needed a goal, but instead of him being up front with Messi on the attack looking to make threatening runs, often I saw him just staying super wide and not really having much of an attacking presence at all. Maybe that was his orders, I don't know. But I feel like whatever other striker is on at that point should have one main objective: score a goal at all costs. Just analyzing his movement, seemed to me that his focus was not on scoring a goal and that somewhat got to me.

Besides that he had a solid game though.

I saw that too, but it stroke me first as if Alexis were just...calm?

I dunno, but he seemed really less anxious than in previous matches and, taking also into account that offside goal he assisted and his more consistent performance today (altough not great, I'll grant), he made me just a little bit more hopeful for his near future.

Who knows? Maybe they're actually adressing his anxiety w/ a psychologist!

Anyway, as you guys said, I hope he can bring his former self back to the squad. I know he can deliver, somehow I still trust him. Vamos Alexis!

Last edited:

SoMa

Cant believe Udinese got 26+11 mil € (have the bonuses been me yet?) out of this player. Even at the best level he showed last season, hes not worth half of that.

E

estranged

We've been dropping points since we dropped him for the XI. I'm not trolling.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
We've been dropping points since we dropped him for the XI. I'm not trolling.

It makes a lot of sense even if people refuse to believe it... People have dismissed his workrate, off the ball movement and backtracking, but surprisingly that is exactly what the team has lacked in the last few games... And I'm not saying he should be an immediate starter, just that the current situation highlights the qualities he brings to the team and its system...

On another note, both Villa and Pedro, accomplished finishers, have missed some clear chances in recent games, which tells us that scoring goals is not as easy as some people think it is... Once again, I'm not saying Sanchez is off the hook, just that sometimes people are being too harsh on him...

Home of Barca Fans