Alexis Sanchez

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Might fix his balance, but in high pressure goalscoring situations where he can't finish or think straight, would it really help much?

Cule4life

The Culest
The thing with Alexis is that you are never sure when he falls down that whether it's due to a dive or he lost his balance. Did anybody here watch him in his Udinese days closely? Did he fall down as easily then too? If yes then Pilates may help. But if not then surely it's diving due to lack of confidence in order to win a free kick

el chilenito

The thing with Alexis is that you are never sure when he falls down that whether it's due to a dive or he lost his balance. Did anybody here watch him in his Udinese days closely? Did he fall down as easily then too? If yes then Pilates may help. But if not then surely it's diving due to lack of confidence in order to win a free kick

i am a avid fan of udinese and alexis sanchez for years and i have watched alexis sanchez play there throughout the whole time he was there and to be honest he rarely dived if not ever in his udinese days, his body balance was world class during the time there, reminded me of garricha and c.ronaldo rolled into one, his agility was matched by no-one, he was the second most successful dribbler in Serie A, only player in 2010-11 season to score 4 goals in a match in serie a and also the most fouled player, he was fouled 116 times in the season. what impressed me the most with alexis sanchez during his udinese days wasn't his dribbling, it was his vision and passing. his 12 assists in his last season were briliant and full of compusure and his passing and ability to launch quick counter attack was what dazzled me, his link up play with isla reminded me of messi and dani alves. his diving only happened since he joined barcelona which i think is due to a lack of confidence pure and true, its a mentality thing nothing more, it has nothing to due with his body balance, he can easily outmuscle players bigger than him but his lack of confidence and hesitant to be a little more selfish makes him dive. which is a shame since he is capable of world class performances, imagine if he converted those chances he gets in matches, he will be a unbelievable player, he will be competing for messi for the top scorer award, he gets into positions really well, just needs to get his confidence up to convert those chances, like in the cordoba match he instantly played better after he scored his first of the two goals. i really hope barcelona wont sell him because they will regret it.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
Alexis (to agent when told in 2011 Chelsea City offered 3 times more): "Reject them. I'm a Barça fan, I only want to play for them." [sport]

GiantKiller

i am a avid fan of udinese and alexis sanchez for years and i have watched alexis sanchez play there throughout the whole time he was there and to be honest he rarely dived if not ever in his udinese days, his body balance was world class during the time there, reminded me of garricha and c.ronaldo rolled into one, his agility was matched by no-one, he was the second most successful dribbler in Serie A, only player in 2010-11 season to score 4 goals in a match in serie a and also the most fouled player, he was fouled 116 times in the season. what impressed me the most with alexis sanchez during his udinese days wasn't his dribbling, it was his vision and passing. his 12 assists in his last season were briliant and full of compusure and his passing and ability to launch quick counter attack was what dazzled me, his link up play with isla reminded me of messi and dani alves. his diving only happened since he joined barcelona which i think is due to a lack of confidence pure and true, its a mentality thing nothing more, it has nothing to due with his body balance, he can easily outmuscle players bigger than him but his lack of confidence and hesitant to be a little more selfish makes him dive. which is a shame since he is capable of world class performances, imagine if he converted those chances he gets in matches, he will be a unbelievable player, he will be competing for messi for the top scorer award, he gets into positions really well, just needs to get his confidence up to convert those chances, like in the cordoba match he instantly played better after he scored his first of the two goals. i really hope barcelona wont sell him because they will regret it.

Good post, man. :)

Fully agree and it's what I've been saying all this time too. :O

Last edited:

Vapor

That's really good to know and confirms what I've suspected before I thought of his balance. It's all mental. He'll get over it eventually (hopefully)

oz187

He has a lot of quality but definitely is lacking in confidence. He has got great vision though and provides a lot of assists(many of which aren't converted).

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Hey Chileno, nice post..but truth is we've been saying this for 18 months now...At some point it is what it is

Chainsaw

Killahead
Sanchez was pretty much a well known diver at Udinese as well. Nothing to do with him doing that after joining Barca.

Jadentheman

American Football? Yeah no.. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions on this message board, you can choose to ignore me like some other because I may be the "bias" fanboy

T

tariqo

he could try to shoot or dribble be4 passing the ball to messi when he was clear offside

in alexis's case 2 me its over & there is no hope at all

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He recovered at least three balls crucial, stopped at least two counter attacks (even if by fouling), tracked back like he usually does, didn't miss a pass (bar the offside), and setup Messi who didn't even care to make something out of it... And people complain because he didn't dribble in a moment when it was crucial to keep possession?

Home of Barca Fans