Alvaro Morata

clemente

Really hope this doesn't happen, Xavi kind of showing he doesn't really follow football much, probably only watches Barca and Spanish NT games... Even if Xavi is asking for Morata, why tf our sporting directors entertaining this dumbass idea? This board is still so scuffed

BBZ8800

Not that I rate Morata too highly, but it is weird to see so much hate towards Morata yet reviews on Ferran are generally optimistic.

It is probably due to age and fans' eternal bias towards youth, potential and "what a player MIGHT become one day".
It surely isn't based on their current skills and abilities.

Rumcajs

Banned
Or maybe because Morata has proven himself to be bum. Only reason he's being invited to NT is his work rate that pleases Lucho and no better alternatives. Spain really lacks strikers.
I don't know how Torres will turn out, but his profile imo is very good for Xavi. High IQ, mobile with good technique winger, who could aso dabble as striker and could develop into better player. Morata is finished product and he mostly sucks. His best ability imo is his hold up play than can help in attacking phase. Better than Depays, who at the start seemed to be that guy, but the more i watch him the more he looses the ball against smaller and weaker players.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

Not that I rate Morata too highly, but it is weird to see so much hate towards Morata yet reviews on Ferran are generally optimistic.

It is probably due to age and fans' eternal bias towards youth, potential and "what a player MIGHT become one day".
It surely isn't based on their current skills and abilities.

Look at his transfer history in last five years. Looks like no club was happy with him given how often he was loaned and changed clubs. If Barca loans him, this would be his third loan within 4 years. I'd keep my hands from him alone for that reason. Despite his quite decent output in numbers there must be something wrong with him that clubs figure out pretty soon once he is signed.

jamrock

Look at his transfer history in last five years. Looks like no club was happy with him given how often he was loaned and changed clubs. If Barca loans him, this would be his third loan within 4 years. I'd keep my hands from him alone for that reason. Despite his quite decent output in numbers there must be something wrong with him that clubs figure out pretty soon once he is signed.

Exactly no one wants him because he is a loosa

BBZ8800

Or maybe because Morata has proven himself to be bum.

Or:
1. one is young and we always overrate young players by 200-300%
2. and Morata has proven himself as a bum while Ferran is still unknown so the people haven't figured out him yet

A guy is not a winger and is learning to be a striker at the age of 22, lol.

Insane.
Delusion is quite strong, congratulations.

serghei

Or:
2. and Morata has proven himself as a bum while Ferran is still unknown so the people haven't figured out him yet

Insane.

You expose yourself too much with Ferran. Wait a bit longer before you predict his doom. He's 1.84m tall you know...

I think you might have jumped the gun with this one. It's one thing to predict Alena or Samper won't make it, and another thing to jump on this guy after he scored a hattrick against Neuer at 20 years old.

Why don't you like him? He played for Pep, he's too young, he's Spanish so a schoolboy, too many are optimistic about him... what is wrong with him exactly?

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Or:

Insane.

Do you judge a career of a guy who is 25 same way you judge someone who is 35 for example?
I mean the 35 guy still has 25-35 years in his career, and the difference is just 10 years in age between the 2, yet no one will look at both at same length.

Not sure why football should be any different.

mc_lovin

Unpopular opinion: he's a better option than perma crook Cavani.

And looking at our forwards next year (basically just Ansu+Torres as decent options, maybe Abde) he makes sense. Not for 35m though, but as a cheap loan/buy... why not. He does 50% of what a striker is supposed to do brilliantly. We shouldn't talk about the other half though.

serghei

And looking at our forwards next year (basically just Ansu+Torres as decent options, maybe Abde) he makes sense. Not for 35m though, but as a cheap loan/buy... why not. He does 50% of what a striker is supposed to do brilliantly. We shouldn't talk about the other half though.

Not at all unpopular. Cavani is fancied because he would be low cost. Morata on low cost loan would be great. But none of that shit about us paying big money for him.

khaled_a_d

Cheap loan is different from cheap buy.
As a stop gap Morata is good, and this is what he was a good portion of his career, a guy you get on loan instead of paying for a player you don't like long term.
But if you buy him, commit to him a 3 years contract, even for free, it is a bad deal.

Edit: Also I don't see a way for "cheap deal"atm.
He is doing well enough for Juve, and they paid 10M for the loan.
Zero reason to allow him to go to us unless it if for financial profit that can be used to get someone else.

Atletico is 1 point ahead of us, no reason for them to help us out, unless we buy him so it will include financial relief for them.

Last edited:

serghei

Cheap loan is different from cheap buy.
As a stop gap Morata is good, and this is what he was a good portion of his career, a guy you get on loan instead of paying for a player you don't like long term.
But if you buy him, commit to him a 3 years contract, even for free, it is a bad deal.

I would say even a cheap buy would be good on a not very high salary. But cheap buy is probably the lowest probability since the guy is still a semi-starter for Spain and even was main striker at the last Euro for Spain NT.

khaled_a_d

I would say even a cheap buy would be good on a not very high salary. But cheap buy is probably the lowest probability since the guy is still a semi-starter for Spain and even was main striker at the last Euro for Spain NT.

As I say in my edit, I can't see a "cheap" deal in winter market.
And he is on 5M net salary, that isn't cheap.
He won't come here for 3 or 4 years low salary.
Best you hope is to pay Atletico 10M for last year of contract loan, and look at it from there.
That will be decent option IF we failed to get a top striker in the summer.

Home of Barca Fans