Alvaro Morata

Rumcajs

Banned
Or:
1. one is young and we always overrate young players by 200-300%
2. and Morata has proven himself as a bum while Ferran is still unknown so the people haven't figured out him yet

A guy is not a winger and is learning to be a striker at the age of 22, lol.

Insane.
Delusion is quite strong, congratulations.
Why do you always lie? No one here overrates Ferran. Most posts is how he's decent player and may spring into better one, especially if he finds his place in Xavis scheme. Think he's main positive trait is his intelligence both on and of the ball, which we have lacked with lot of our current and previous players. Youngsters like Gavi and Pedri shows this intelligence and i think FT is close to their category, but not that good maybe.

Rassvet

He was Juve's best player for the first half of last season. He's mad inconsistent at times but he would be great here if he performs anywhere near his best. I'm in favor as long as the price is reasonable.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He was Juve's best player for the first half of last season. He's mad inconsistent at times but he would be great here if he performs anywhere near his best. I'm in favor as long as the price is reasonable.

Good joke dude, good joke :koeman:

If he is in form he is very good but we dont need more mentally weak guys.

Devils

This Madridista is such a punk.

I cannot believe we are trying to sign him. Exactly the opposite of the type of player we should be signing.

No Madridistas!

fergus90

Signing Morata would nicely encapsulate some of the terrible business Barca has done in the last few years that has now lead us to being irrelevant amongst Europe's best.

Anything but a 6-month loan deal would be terrible.

mc_lovin

I would take him on a 3-yer deal if the wages were reasonable and the fee/signing bonus neglectable. Both are problematic I would imagine though.

We have Ansu+Ferran next season ffs. That's it. Maybe Abde. We won't sign 2-3 quality forwards. Morata is good enough for depth.

fergus90

We have Ansu and Ferran currently but the landscape could all change in the summer. No need to rush in buying a goal-shy Morata.

khaled_a_d

We have Ansu and Ferran currently but the landscape could all change in the summer. No need to rush in buying a goal-shy Morata.

Yeah, Morata can wait.
If we fail to get a player who can change the dynamics of our attack, go for him on one year loan.

Late Edit: We also have Depay & Braithwaite.
Add one world class attacker, and this is actually a very good group for frontline, add a Morata and it is mediocre

Last edited:

Porque

I'd take Arthur Cabral, even if he scores 0 goals. I just want to see someone in the squad who has a history of scoring goals and is in form.

Bobo32

Morata has scored 18 goals in 34 competitive caps, it is very much decent. 9 of the games he wasn't starting, either. For a comparison, Torres scored 28 in 65 games.
Since that u21 tournament he played with Thiago, I always saw him as a natural goal scorer, but he seems to be on a 10 year draugt of sorts, maybe I'll soon have to adjust my view of him... He runs intelligently, is decent overall, arrives at a lot of chances, but maybe fails to convert too much, but he is still statistically very much a good goal scorer. These are his goal/90 ratios in different competitions:

Champions League: 0,58 (3558 minutes)
La liga: 0,7 (5540)
Premier League: 0,48 (3002)
Serie A: 0,46 (6015)

You won't find that many attackers with a better track record than that, and the ones you find will be tough to get to Barcelona. But I of course prefer Cavani, his track record is better too.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans