Alvaro Morata

El Gato

Villarato!
I don't think I've been repulsed by a player more than I am with this cursed knob :lol: Barca should sign him just so there's someone other than Xavi madridistas can unilaterally hate

MTL_Barca

We're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here if we compare our "can play CF" bums to other bums to decide what bum to play :lol:

Truth is neither of them should play a bigger role at Barca, not on the wing, not in the center. All are just part of the same chain of mediocre players that were brought in since Suarez needed a replacement. Comes back to us buying Griezmann for a fortune and hoping it would somehow work out next to Messi. It didn't and we haven't recovered since then. And on top we lost Messi who could make up for all of that on his own.

I'd rather see us play Ansu-Morata-Ferran than any combination we have available right now, but this can't be it long-term and should only be an option if it's really cheap. Can't afford to just buy 30M+ subs here and there like we used to do some years ago.

Last edited:

Birdy

Fati not a Cf
Ferran not a Cf
Depay not a good Cf

Braithwaite is our only true Cf.

Fati played all his youth as a no9, turned into a LW lately in his football life.
He can certainly play his position again

Ferran played as a no9 for Pep, with Pep saying he is up there with the best in movements in space and finishing.
No other comment needed

Yes, Depay might not be the perfect striker, but he can field in there
Braithwate also not at the level of Barca, but can also field in when needed

Conclusion ---> There are options for no9
No need to sign a mediocre player as a stop-gap solution, when we are in dire need of pacey wingers with good dribble

BBZ8800

Fati played all his youth as a no9, turned into a LW lately in his football life.
He can certainly play his position again

Ferran played as a no9 for Pep, with Pep saying he is up there with the best in movements in space and finishing.
No other comment needed

Yes, Depay might not be the perfect striker, but he can field in there
Braithwate also not at the level of Barca, but can also field in when needed

Conclusion ---> There are options for no9
No need to sign a mediocre player as a stop-gap solution, when we are in dire need of pacey wingers with good dribble

Fati is forever injured.
He wasn't too pacey and he might be even slower now.
Also, he is without experience.
And he might get re-injured again or get new random injuries which happens often after long term injuries.
Also, he might be rusty for months after long absence from the field.

Ferran is neither a winger or attacker.
Pep talks nice about all of his players, he is dishonest.
Also, he is the only coach in the world who plays without a No9, and plays with 6 attacking midfielders on 6 positions in midfield and attack.
So, be cautious with his choice of attackers.

Saying how Ferran is an option for a Cf is similar to using Gavi, Dest and Coutinho as wingers.
It might work.
But it, the most likely = won't.

About Morata's price, if we paid 50+ m for Ferran, then 20-25m for Morata is a bargain.

Porque

BBZ on point though, in that Morata would play the 9 as a 9 should and link up perfectly with the rest of the team.

Only issue is that he won't score the goals, except on those 1 or 2 games when he is on fire. For the rest he will be the Spanish Emile Heskey.

6. He seems to be City's reject, they have let him go way too easily. And Pep is letting go only finished players, shitty players or players with whom he has personal problems like Etoo, Zlatan, Yaya, Mandzukic

Leroy Sane, Kelechi Iheanacho, Enes Unal, Angelino.

Check the ages and the transfer fees.

Pep is letting them go because it is a great fee and despite limitless resources they do have a semblance of FFP to adhere to. Pep is also like a giddy kid in a candy shop and will take the opportunity of selling any City player for the right fee because he can get a shiny new too to develop and play with.

Now, Ferran had shown more than the latter 3 hence his price being over 60m(!). City would let Bernardo Silva go for 70m in the summer when he was open to leave, so that is somewhat consistent to how they are modelled.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

It's one of the few respectable things about City. They don't force players to stay if a fair price is met. Unlike Tottenham, PSG and co.

I would want us to act the same way. If prime Messi badly wanted to leave and someone paid up I would be okay with that too.

Total-Football

I don't follow him currently but I know for a fact that prime Morata is more than good for our current squad.. Not only quality wise but style wise too...

Neeraj

I would rather play with Braithwaite than with Morata. I am not even trolling here. Braithgoat will offer us more in terms of energy and pressing and will fluff/score the same amount of chances. Morata has better skill on the ball and a golazo every now and then maybe, but for us, that is completely immaterial.

Hard Pass.

Birdy

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Times
Alvaro Morata: Tic, tac, tic, tac… @fansjavimiguel

Cringe!!!!

(This journo is the mouthpiece of Xavi)

khaled_a_d

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Times
Alvaro Morata: Tic, tac, tic, tac? @fansjavimiguel

Cringe!!!!

(This journo is the mouthpiece of Xavi)

Alemany talked about it, and it seems he was more or less telling Xavi to shut up

Bar?a director Alemany: "Ferran Torres can't be registered now - but we hope to solve that situation when he is available. Demir sale could help, we're on it. Let's see what happens with Luuk de Jong". #FCB

"Morata deal? Xavi asked for Ferran, he had the present he wanted".

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1477768949580410884

Home of Barca Fans