André Gomes

kilian

His positioning for that Munir goal was very bad. You see the player running towards the box and decide to cover the space behind him, with no Valencia players. Horrible defending.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
If he needs time to adapt, then maybe he shouldn't play in such difficult matches, Atletico at Camp Nou, Celta away and now Valencia away, Lucho trusts him too much.

gasgas

it's hard for him and denis .. they simply don't get minutes , paid loads for them just to play Arda and rafinha more .. well for better or worse , iniesta is out , unless luis stop Einsteining again , i hope denis and gomes get those minutes

Agreed
Gomes,Denis and Rafinha are the future of Barca
Give them playtime

gasgas

it's hard for him and denis .. they simply don't get minutes , paid loads for them just to play Arda and rafinha more .. well for better or worse , iniesta is out , unless luis stop Einsteining again , i hope denis and gomes get those minutes

Agreed
Gomes,Denis and Rafinha are the future of Barca
Give them playtime

Antimadridista1

Awful defending on Munir's goal... Andre Gomes needs to spend a few months at Atletico to work his ass off and understand that he has to run a lot, add more defensively and offensively, if he wants to be a starter for us .

serghei

Chemistry doesn't manifest qualities in players that they simply do not have. Rakitic and Gomes are both very slow players that dont have the best vision. Raki has shown he can be offensive with croatia and sevilla, but not the way Barca needs an attacking player to be. It's why he fits the role we created for him at RM much better. Gomes is more fit for that role too unfortunately. The problem is we don't have a WC attacking RB anymore for Rakitic to have to constantly cover, yet we continue to play our midfield that way, including his position.

He has plenty of qualities and some of his passes are very clever even now, when he's not integrated in the team. He's not the fastest player, true, but he has other qualities for sure, and plenty of teams saw them. It's not often that Barcelona and Real fight for the same player. And that's for sure proof that he is a quality player.

I don't get why people still moan about us not controling games or us not being able to do this and that. We moved on from Pep's tiki-taka style, because Xavi is gone, Iniesta is old (sure, still very good, but far from his best level), Busquets is off form for more than 6 months and he ain't getting younger either. We adapt, and our midfield is the first part of the team which needs adapting to a system without these past greats in it.

This is us adapting. Not dominating as we once did, but still playing great, sometimes even superb football, beating teams like City 4-0, Bayern 3-0, Madrid 4-0, PSG away 3-1 and results like that. Okay, so we're not controling game as we did in the past. Big deal, we have to work harder off the ball, and deal with this situation instead of moaning about it. Moaning doesn't help.

Last edited:

Neeraj

I've been skeptical about the signing from the moment I read about it. So far he hasn't shown anything.

But for argumentnt's sake, let's say he does have the skills and needs some time. What really annoys me is how lazy he looks on the pitch. Sure he's slow, but that doesn't mean you don't run your ass off. Look at rakitic, he's slow and he has bad games but you can never say he doesn't work hard.

Why does it always look like he's just lazily walking around? Case in point being the first goal.

khaled_a_d

It's not often that Barcelona and Real fight for the same player. And that's for sure proof that he is a quality player.

I agree with most of your points but not this one,Danilo was wanted by both clubs and he is meh.
Both clubs can be wrong. Or just the buying club can be wrong about fit in the team.

Home of Barca Fans