Andres Iniesta

Culeee

Lets just pray our little ghostface killa can stay injury free this season.. because villa-messi--pedro and an on form xaviesta behind them with masheranco protecting them would just be too much to handle for ANY team out there

dalitis8

Banned
no.

but a fit iniesta makes us so so so much better.

I'd love it if he could add goals to his game as well, but that may be asking a bit much. :lol:

Do you remember the final half of the 08-09 season?

Iniesta hit a colossal peak in that period...a period in which I can confidently claim(especially amongst Barca followers that really DO watch the games with stimulated attention) that Iniesta outdid Messi...if that Iniesta resurfaces along with Messi's ever-improving game(sounds surreal,but is true) plus the ever brilliant and reliable Xavi,plus the road runner Alves,plus Mr.Goal himself D.Villa,plus Javier "The Monster" Mascherano and our two heroic centre-backs...we are hot favourites for the CL...

FiReFTW

No,Fit Iniesta is the only player who can replace Messi if Messi is out

I actually disagree , I think Villa can replace Messi much better if he were to be injured, as he is a goalscorer same as Messi while Iniesta is quite a different style player.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
Do you remember the final half of the 08-09 season?

Iniesta hit a colossal peak in that period...a period in which I can confidently claim(especially amongst Barca followers that really DO watch the games with stimulated attention) that Iniesta outdid Messi...if that Iniesta resurfaces along with Messi's ever-improving game(sounds surreal,but is true) plus the ever brilliant and reliable Xavi,plus the road runner Alves,plus Mr.Goal himself D.Villa,plus Javier "The Monster" Mascherano and our two heroic centre-backs...we are hot favourites for the CL...

why are you so obsessed with Champions League?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

being ambitious is not obsession!! Having won the league twice in a row, people would obiously wish a CL!! Although I'd be content with the league(as I did last season) because of all the huge spending from Madrid side, what a slap on face that is!! I mean it is us who have to win the league if they are to lose, not the case when it comes to the European level :p

Galning

I actually disagree , I think Villa can replace Messi much better if he were to be injured, as he is a goalscorer same as Messi while Iniesta is quite a different style player.
I disagree as well, nobody can actually replace Messi. I do agree that Messi & Iniesta are totally different players, they can't be compared.
To me Iniesta & Messi are the two best players in the world.

Maybe because it's the biggest competition in club football?

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
The champions league is the big one, i love messi but xaviesta are just untouchable but how would iniesta be if it wasn't for xavi what do you guys reckon?

dalitis8

Banned

Because that is how glory is earned...being Champion of Europe is just so much more than being the Spanish/Italian/English champion...the legend of the European Cup is just something else...it can only be rivalled by the Euros and of course the World Cup...but nothing in club football is anywhere near the CL...the loss to Inter still sucks big time...I want that big-eared-trophy like nothing else...bring it on home boys...

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
sorry, no.

iniesta is magnificent, but he's not on messi's level ffs.

he's a superb link between the midfield (xavi) and the attack (messi) and when he's at his best he makes us soooo much better, but no one is as important as xavi and messi are.

dalitis8

Banned
sorry, no.

he's a superb link between the midfield (xavi) and the attack (messi) and when he's at his best he makes us soooo much better, but no one is as important as xavi and messi are.

Last season no...not even remotely....but I am referring to 08/09....

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
sorry, no.

You should be burned at the stake for such blasphemy.

Home of Barca Fans