Andres Iniesta

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Oh sorry, my bad, I meant to say that I cant believe people think Sneijder is better then him.

Bionicman

There have been games this season where I didn't think Iniesta played well, but he received 'Man of the Match' votes, and I assumed I simply didn't see something. However, in this Hercules match, I saw Iniesta give away the ball frequently, dribble into trouble, and fail to create chances (much less contribute to goals), and I still see him getting lots of 'Man of the Match' votes. I'd appreciate it if anyone could point to a single moment in the game where Iniesta did something positive, because I didn't see it.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
There have been games this season where I didn't think Iniesta played well, but he received 'Man of the Match' votes, and I assumed I simply didn't see something. However, in this Hercules match, I saw Iniesta give away the ball frequently, dribble into trouble, and fail to create chances (much less contribute to goals), and I still see him getting lots of 'Man of the Match' votes. I'd appreciate it if anyone could point to a single moment in the game where Iniesta did something positive, because I didn't see it.

He can't be perfect every game, didn't play as well as his enourmous standard

poncirus

Watch the game again and name me one player in the world who can put such performance as Iniesta did tonight.

Look at his movement, the way he never stops providing outlet for teammates, and then effortlessly switches to pressing in defense. The way he is able to carry and retain the ball all over the pitch, even when surrounded by few opposition players or at the edge of the box. Look at his insane workrate, amazing footwork and immaculate technique.

There will always be moments when he loses the ball because he is unbelieveabely active, brave and ambitious player, always trying and probing and never afraid of the ball. But the way he is able to switch to defense, get hold of the ball again and retain is a pure genius.

Again, name me one player who can do this even remotely good. There isn't anyone, even close. But of course, Iniesta isn't flashy and selfish enough to be a public favourite. Fact is, he is one of the best midfielders ever (IMO the very best, I've never seen a midfielder with this kind of quick mind, elusivensess, immaculate touch and workrate), but that will never be properly recognized because majority of the fans are clueless and see only eye-catching "winners".

Last edited:

Bionicman

Watch the game again and name me one player in the world who can put such performance as Iniesta did tonight.

Look at his movement, the way he never stops providing outlet for teammates, and then effortlessly switches to pressing in defense. The way he is able to carry and retain the ball all over the pitch, even when surrounded by few opposition players or at the edge of the box. Look at his insane workrate, amazing footwork and immaculate technique.

There will always be moments when he loses the ball because he is unbelieveabely active, brave and ambitious player, always trying and probing and never afraid of the ball. But the way he is able to switch to defense, get hold of the ball again and retain is a pure genius.

Again, name me one player who can do this even remotely good. There isn't anyone, even close. But of course, Iniesta isn't flashy and selfish enough to be a public favourite. Fact is, he is one of the best midfielders ever (IMO the very best, I've never seen a midfielder with this kind of quick mind, elusivensess, immaculate touch and workrate), and that will never be properly recognized.
First, are you seriously saying that Iniesta was good in defense this game? He contributed less to the defense than any other player on the team. Game in and game out, he is the least active player in defense for Barcelona. I frequently see Messi, Villa and Pedro running hard to press opponents while Iniesta lounges around. Second, the idea that Iniesta lacks recognition is silly. In fact, at this point I'm convinced that on this fourm he gets by on reputation even when he doesn't play well. For the record, I thought he fully deserved to finish in the top three for the Ballon D'Or; I know he's one of the greatest ever. The problem is that even when he doesn't play well, he gets credit, often for things he didn't do.

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned

1st and 3rd goals-Iniesta was involved in both of them.

What are you talking about? How can you doubt Iniesta? A player whose technique and sheer artitstry is vastly superior to what even Zidane could ever dream of...

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
1st and 3rd goals-Iniesta was involved in both of them.

What are you talking about? How can you doubt Iniesta? A player whose technique and sheer artitstry is vastly superior to what even Zidane could ever dream of...
LOL datalilibitis you're really outdoing yourself again.................... i'd agree if you said cristiano ronaldo, but zidane?! that's an outrage! a god damn disgrace! how can you say such a thing when iniesta is only slightly more technical than zidane lollllll?

anyways, iniesta and messi were both under-par.

dalitis8

Banned
LOL at you batlabia....

I did not say he is better than Zidane...I only said that he is technically far superior...meaning that in other areas, Zidane was better.

Try to read my posts more carefully before going ballistic...

poncirus

First, are you seriously saying that Iniesta was good in defense this game? He contributed less to the defense than any other player on the team. Game in and game out, he is the least active player in defense for Barcelona. I frequently see Messi, Villa and Pedro running hard to press opponents while Iniesta lounges around. Second, the idea that Iniesta lacks recognition is silly. In fact, at this point I'm convinced that on this fourm he gets by on reputation even when he doesn't play well. For the record, I thought he fully deserved to finish in the top three for the Ballon D'Or; I know he's one of the greatest ever. The problem is that even when he doesn't play well, he gets credit, often for things he didn't do.

LOL.

Yes, running like a headless chicken and tackling anything that moves is probably your idea of proper defending. You sound like a typical EPL fan to me, no offence. Iniesta doing little in defence? :lol: Jesus wept.

Funny thing is, Iniesta became high profile lately because of his odd goal in a big game and some tricky moves. But these are the least important things in his game. I tried to explain, but I see it's hopeless. It's OK, most fans haven't got clue about the game.

Speaking about Zidane, he was a majestic player. But he was a high profile matchwinner, very imposing on the field and a natural born leader, and average fan will always adore this type of player. I think Iniesta edges him as a player for his mobility, non stop workrate and overall contribution. Don makes Barca move - every single game he plays. I can't remember one game when he was off or lazy. Even when he's not at his best, his contribution is massive (and overlooked).

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
LOL at you batlabia....

I did not say he is better than Zidane...I only said that he is technically far superior...meaning that in other areas, Zidane was better.

Try to read my posts more carefully before going ballistic...
Get your eyes out of a elephants ass and read that I said that even when comparing the technical aspect of the two, to say that Iniesta is much better than Zidane is ridiculous while he isen't. Better, maybe but not "far superior"

Clown.

Home of Barca Fans