Andres Iniesta

Bionicman

LOL.

Yes, running like a headless chicken and tackling anything that moves is probably your idea of proper defending. You sound like a typical EPL fan to me, no offence. Iniesta doing little in defence? :lol: Jesus wept.
Nice strawman.

Funny thing is, Iniesta became high profile lately because of his odd goal in a big game and some tricky moves. But these are the least important things in his game. I tried to explain, but I see it's hopeless. It's OK, most fans haven't got clue about the game.
I never played the game at anything beyond high school. However, I when I did play, I played defense. I know full well that most people ignore defense until someone screws up. You sound like one of those people.

poncirus

Nice strawman.

I never played the game at anything beyond high school. However, I when I did play, I played defense. I know full well that most people ignore defense until someone screws up. You sound like one of those people.

Please look any Barcelona game and see what Iniesta does at the moment team loses the ball. Defending does not equal tracking back, tackling and hoofing out of the box.

Zidane was overrated, I don't think Iniesta is anwhere near Xavi, but he's better than Zidane

It's harsh to say overrated, but being an esthetically pleasing player and matchwinner he was a media and fan favourite and some of his shortcomings were overlooked. Exactly opposite compared to the case of Iniesta.

I would put Xavi out of all categories, as a player that epitomises football intelligence. He was always such a classy, composed and supremely intelligent player,from his first days, but I always thought that his lack of strength and pace will be exposed in modern football. Fortunately, FC Barcelona redefined the game and Xavi IMO is an all-time archetype of The Playmaker.

However, I believe it's completely wrong to say Iniesta is "nowhere near" Xavi. They're different. Obviously Xavi is superior as a playmaker. But then, Iniesta has other qualities that make him the best midfielder I've ever seen, even if this sounds little over the top. But the thing is, I've never seen a midfielder this mobile, active and overall brilliant.

dalitis8

Banned
Get your eyes out of a elephants ass and read that I said that even when comparing the technical aspect of the two, to say that Iniesta is much better than Zidane is ridiculous while he isen't. Better, maybe but not "far superior"

Clown.

How did you immediately prove that Iniesta is not far superior to Zidane tecnically? You seem to believe that only stating it is enough. Likewise, I did not prove the opposite in any case. But it seems to me that you just use the venerable name of Zidane as a protective shield in order to offend people that you do not like. Maybe my statement was slightly bombastic, but you find that all the time in football forums. Why did this one send you into the stratosphere is anyone's guess.

The language you use(while unprovoked) is indicative of your moral fibre(or rather the lack thereof)

Shame, because I tend to consider Swedes as quite civilized.

Last edited:

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
he basically is the new zidane and has all the same championships now so lets see how it pans out but by the end of their careers ineista could surpass zidane

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Shame, because I tend to consider Swedes as quite civilized.
I ain't a swede and will never become one. 100% Iranian.

yusuf, I never jugded any of them from their merits but Zidane is for me a better goalscorer while Iniesta is a tad better technically. I'd have Andrés every day over Zidane.

Elite-BkD

@Bionicman

Go troll somewhere else.

Tend to agree with poncirus, Iniesta was motm against Hercules and is quite probably the best midfielder of all time. Also have to go one step further and point out that he can play Xavi's role better than Xavi. Just wait until he actually does it weekly instead of a handful of times per season.
He's also better than Messi, but of course that will never be the general consensus considering which one scores the goals.

Sometimes I wish football was shown with commercial interruptions every three minutes or so the way other sports are, because lets face it, not one fan in ten has a 45minute attention span.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Not really talked about just yet but looks like Iniesta will be nursing a shoulder knock...He'll have tests today to see the extent of the injury as many probably noticed he was icing his left shoulder on the bench

Ocurrente

Not really talked about just yet but looks like Iniesta will be nursing a shoulder knock...He'll have tests today to see the extent of the injury as many probably noticed he was icing his left shoulder on the bench

damn =(
i hope the injury isn't too serious

Drunkmunky

fcbarcelona.cat said:
The Club’s medical services have reported that Andres Iniesta has suffered a grade 1 sprain on the AC joint of his left upper back and he will be kept under observation to determine his availability for Wednesday’s game against Almeria.
Not that bad at all.

Home of Barca Fans