Andres Iniesta

Juan03

Season I'd say. Messi's been great too but not as consistently as Iniesta and despite people's tendency to wank over goals scored, he almost never does his job as flawlessly as Iniesta does in about every 2nd match..

Im a huge Iniesta admirer and Iniesta has been amazing this season but he has been in superb form in the past month or so therefore overshadowing an auto-pilot Messi. however for long stretches of the season Messi has been our best player and not just statistically.

Elite-BkD

Im a huge Iniesta admirer and Iniesta has been amazing this season but he has been in superb form in the past month or so therefore overshadowing an auto-pilot Messi. however for long stretches of the season Messi has been our best player and not just statistically.

Which long stretches, and how so other than by goals scored? Messi converted chances on loads of occasions during a spell when the whole team was playing out of this world and chances were coming so thick and fast it was ridiculous. Iniesta was close to flawless in almost every game playing a huge role both in controlling the game from midfield and taking over the more direct attacking end of things (taking players on, directly setting up chances etc) and while he was scoring crazy amounts, Messi always missed more chances than he converted. Villa also wasted most of his chances especially early on in the season as well as latley, both periods where the team generally has been under par (Pedro took time to start scoring too) and both periods during which Iniesta has been brilliant. Pretty much any time Messi has been excellent Iniesta has as well, and he generally makes fewer mistakes than Messi does even when Messi is in excellent form.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Which long stretches, and how so other than by goals scored? Messi converted chances on loads of occasions during a spell when the whole team was playing out of this world and chances were coming so thick and fast it was ridiculous. Iniesta was close to flawless in almost every game playing a huge role both in controlling the game from midfield and taking over the more direct attacking end of things (taking players on, directly setting up chances etc) and while he was scoring crazy amounts, Messi always missed more chances than he converted. Villa also wasted most of his chances especially early on in the season as well as latley, both periods where the team generally has been under par (Pedro took time to start scoring too) and both periods during which Iniesta has been brilliant. Pretty much any time Messi has been excellent Iniesta has as well, and he generally makes fewer mistakes than Messi does even when Messi is in excellent form.

No.That's not fair to what Messi has done in the length of the season.
I guess that's because there's more scrutiny on Messi and his position and also when he makes mistakes it is so noticeable. He played as a superb play maker for sometimes in the season making awesome chances for Pedro,Villa, Keita and many more.He converted chances in the times our team was playing superbly? yes he did. but he also did it when our other two strikers were failing to do so and even made chances for them...like the start of the season and that had a huge role on keeping the team going. His scoring for the team is some times like start to an engine. ( like in the Mallorca game that the team was asleep until he scored.) and one can not forget these because of his recent performances.
Iniesta has been awesome this season but he was not flawless in every game. there were a few games when he was invisible too.
There are patches of lower that usual performances for any player. but it will pass anyway.

Last edited:

poncirus

I'm also inclined to say Iniesta slightly edges Messi this season on the basis of consistency, decision making and general workrate.

Not only he's gliding between enemy lines and driving team forward, but his anticipation and ability to quickly press, collect & control ball very high up the pitch is absolutely ridiculous. I've never seen anybody doing it this good.

I'll say it again, best midfielder I've seen in my lifetime.

E

estranged

another excellent performance by the maestro, he turns up in every match especially the big ones, our most consistent player :) Love him

Last edited:
X

xaviniesta

WweNW.jpg

http://shanna.imgur.com/andres_iniesta__world_soccer_april_11#WweNW

for those who can't buy world soccer. nice article by sid lowe. just click the image to 'turn page'

sid always find something beautiful to write.

iniesta: i was still and i just waited, waited to my friend newton. when i controlled it, i knew i was going to score. all i had to do was wait for the ball to drop and strike it. and why does it drop? beacause of newton's law, beacause of gravity. this time, the apple was the ball and newtons head was my foot.

Last edited:

knicks

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
WweNW.jpg

http://shanna.imgur.com/andres_iniesta__world_soccer_april_11#WweNW

for those who can't buy world soccer. nice article by sid lowe. just click the image to 'turn page'

sid always find something beautiful to write.

iniesta: i was still and i just waited, waited to my friend newton. when i controlled it, i knew i was going to score. all i had to do was wait for the ball to drop and strike it. and why does it drop? beacause of newton's law, beacause of gravity. this time, the apple was the ball and newtons head was my foot.

this is:D.

Home of Barca Fans