Andres Iniesta

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Don't know why, but the older Iniesta gets the more Zidane-esque features he acquires.

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned
Best player at Barca.

He was probably Barca's best player in the home stretch of the epic 08/09 season.

He had a painfully under-par 09/10, due to lack of pre-season and numerous injuries.

Last season he was almost back to his 08/09 level, but with much fewer injuries thankfully. He has picked from where he left off. Has been amazing so far this season. But overall, we all know who the best player of Barca and the entire world is...

dalitis8

Banned
because he's the Spanish Zidane.

well actually, that's not fair, he's better than Zidane.

Sorry for maybe sounding arrogant again. I was attacked when I first suggested that on this forum.

I would say that he may be weaker than Zidane in terms of physique, but he is more skillful (yes, more skillful than Zidane!) and above all, more consistent.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
consistency is the key thing.

Zidane was a more dominant player, but only when he felt like it. he was just as likely to amble through a game and do nothing, or flip-out and get sent off. Iniesta's magnificent on a game-by-game basis, and still has it in him to step-up and dominate big games.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Sorry for maybe sounding arrogant again. I was attacked when I first suggested that on this forum.

I would say that he may be weaker than Zidane in terms of physique, but he is more skillful (yes, more skillful than Zidane!) and above all, more consistent.

Co-sign.

The rate at which Don Andrés has been delivering for the past year or so has been astonishing. He simply keeps on improving on every aspect of his game, which is slightly scary, to be honest.

But what really scares me is that his facial features remind me of Zidane the more I see of him.

dalitis8

Banned
Come on, no. The receding hairline may be a common feature of the two.

But otherwise Zidane had much broader features.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Come on, no. The receding hairline may be a common feature of the two.

But otherwise Zidane had much broader features.

That was intended more as a joke, to be fair.

Of course they're different. Just that rugged look of his stood out.

gingerless

zidane's features resembles a greedy merchant imo

iniesta, with his semi-hawk is just damned sexy. dance like a ballerina, rock like a star

edit: happy now?

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He was probably Barca's best player in the home stretch of the epic 08/09 season.

He had a painfully under-par 09/10, due to lack of pre-season and numerous injuries.

Last season he was almost back to his 08/09 level, but with much fewer injuries thankfully. He has picked from where he left off. Has been amazing so far this season. But overall, we all know who the best player of Barca and the entire world is...

Agreed, he was phenomenal. I wanted Andresito to win the Ballon D Or in 09

dalitis8

Banned
Agreed, he was phenomenal. I wanted Andresito to win the Ballon D Or in 09

During the last 3 months of the 08/09 season, it was like...wtf is this guy doing? How the f*** can he control the ball like that?

He was immense, game after game. Sometimes he is even too brilliant for his Barcelona/Spain teammates, who fail to pick up his frequency, as he is already 3 steps ahead.

Home of Barca Fans