Andres Iniesta

Darko

why is everybody shitting their pants? true we're missing Iniesta and Sanchez but they will miss Vilalreal away and Sociedad at home, if we cant win those 2 matches without alexis and the don, then I don't really think we deserve to be challenging for the league.

true dat

khorne

why is everybody shitting their pants? true we're missing Iniesta and Sanchez but they will miss Vilalreal away and Sociedad at home, if we cant win those 2 matches without alexis and the don, then I don't really think we deserve to be challenging for the league.

Firstly, hello fellow barca fans, greetings from austria!

Secondly, you are right of course that we will probably have little trouble in winning the next matches even without the two. that is, at least from my perspective one of the greatest advantages barcelona currently holds over the other european top clubs, that even if key players are missing, the collective is on such a high level that they can compensate for it. However, at least for me, the reason why it's always a blow when iniesta is injured is simply because it's so beautiful to watch him play football, and there is always something missing when he doesn't play, regardless of the result.

As for his repeating hamstring injuries, it's worrying. maybe he would need an extensive break for once, two probably three months so that he can fully regenerate. Sometimes i fear that he has never fully recovered from CL final in rome

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Iniesta injured is always worrying considering his fragile constitution and his history with hamstring injuries.
Welcome to the forum btw.!

poltergeist

Arsenal fans on a Nigerian forum arguing that Cesc's better than the Don.

On the contrary, Cesc murks Iniesta in almost every department of the round leather game; Whether it's passing, crossing, dead-balls, off-the-ball running, finishing, goal-scoring, goal-making, even heading, name it!

The only conspicuous skill Iniesta has over Cesc is dribbling(one of the less relevant attributes of central-midfielders), and it's not like Cesc can't beat his marker. We call midfielders who dribble too much without end product "Youtube players", and since you've predictably resorted to posting Youtube videos:

Luka Modric and Abou Diaby woulda been the next best CMs in the world if dribbling was a requisite of being a top CM

Maria

Cesc is more complete than Andres..CR7 is more complete than Messi..

And than you see something like this

and you realize that no one is as special as these two players.

B

barcelonista

I love how he lists "finishing, goal-scoring, goal-making, heading" when it's all the same => scoring goals. :lol:

dalitis8

Banned
We are in some very deep shit with all these injuries and going after 3 trophies.

Honestly people. If we do not let go of the league, we will probably lose everything.

Mark my words on this forum.

We either drop the league, or we will drop.

Mark my words again.

Yaotzin

Mark my words on this forum.

We either drop the league, or we will drop.

Mark my words again.
Part of me hopes we get a couple of bad results and the decision is made for us :/

OTOH I think Europe is weak, RM are our biggest competition there and I'd be very confident of beating them. So I think we can win it even with one eye on the league.

IMO we cope reasonably well with Andres injured, despite his loveliness. I suppose because we're so used to it :(

Home of Barca Fans