Andres Iniesta

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Yep yep. People still don't get it. It was the same (two seasons ago?) when we missed him for a few months. This guy is so underrated. Pure genius.
Yup, might not have the best stats but we play so much better with him and Xavi together

ammarfcb

ze special one
people say barca without messi would struggle blah blah... but i think barca without iniesta is the real problem

B

barcelonista

IMO we cope reasonably well with Andres injured, despite his loveliness.

What?

We lost points against Valencia: Iniesta was injured.
We lost points against Getafe: Iniesta was injured.
We lost points against Real Sociedad: Iniesta was injured.
We lost points against Villarreal: Iniesta was injured.

Barcelona without Iniesta is like France without Zidane. It won't go far.

barcaboy15

Iniesta is the second best player in the world IMO. And I have always thought he is so fundementally important to our team, much more so than people give credit for.

Random I know but if he was fit when playing Inter in the CL those few years ago, we'd have 3 CLs as well as 3 La Ligas with Pep.

gingerless

What?

goddaim

Yaotzin

What?

Well we also dropped points against Sevilla and Espanyol with him. And I dunno how you can attribute his absence to us blowing a 2 goal lead against Sociedad.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is class. Obviously we miss him. I just don't think we become shit or anything. It's our strongest area by far so we can cope without him pretty well. Same reason our results with/without Xavi are pretty darn similar.

Interista

Iniesta is the second best player in the world IMO. And I have always thought he is so fundementally important to our team, much more so than people give credit for.

Random I know but if he was fit when playing Inter in the CL those few years ago, we'd have 3 CLs as well as 3 La Ligas with Pep.

I don't know if he's the second best in the World, or if you would beat Inter, but the rest is spot on. He dosn't have to score or assist much. Just the fact that he dribbles through the middle consistently is enough. When you have two players capable of that in the same team it's very difficult to stop, especially when the rest of the team is so good anyway.

barcaboy15

I don't know if he's the second best in the World, or if you would beat Inter, but the rest is spot on. He dosn't have to score or assist much. Just the fact that he dribbles through the middle consistently is enough. When you have two players capable of that in the same team it's very difficult to stop, especially when the rest of the team is so good anyway.

Yes exactly, his penentration and direct dribbling is phenomenal and so important to us. When he's weaving through the middle, it looks like the ball is glued to his foot, it's amazing.

Maria

people say barca without messi would struggle blah blah... but i think barca without iniesta is the real problem

I'm sorry, but this is bullshit..this year we strugled with or without Iniesta(remember the games against Sevilla and Athletic where he had some shocking misses)..we also managed to win against RM last year without him or againt AC Milan..the league 2009/2010 was also won with Andres mostly out. And forgive me for being so blunt, but if the only justification that you found to this shocking performances is this, then you didn't understand nothing from Pep's Barca.

Villareal is 17th in the league, they are with as manny players out as we are and the only thing we can do is cry after Iniesta? Maybe if we would have been without Messi-Xavi-Iniesta, I would have understood, but not today..
If we are missing something or someone, that is Villa and Pedro and their 45 goals(plus their sacriffice and link-up play that are superior to what Alexis and Cesc have shown so far).

What?

We lost points against Valencia because Pep has been made a fool by Emery in the first half and the reff didn't do us any favours.
We lost points against Getafe because the team played horibly and showed nothing until the last 10 minutes.
We lost points against Real Sociedad because we gave up a 2 goal lead..if they were able to play so good in the first half without the Don, they should have done the same in the second.
We lost points against Villarreal because it was like a cheap copy of the game against Getafe and Pep didn't learn anything from that game: his team selection was very bad and the changes were made too late.

I can understand when some say that with Andres we would have qualified against Inter because there is a small probability that it could be true..but this is not a reason for the position in which we are now in the league..we played good/bad with or without Iniesta and we lost/won with or without him.
We also won the league before Iniesta, Messi or Ronaldinho and probably will do it long after they are gone.

And this comes from someone who thinks that Iniesta is the second best player in the world.

Last edited:

Clockwise

Buccaneer
this year we strugled with or without Iniesta(remember the games against Sevilla and Athletic where he had some shocking misses)..we also managed to win against RM last year without him or againt AC Milan..the league 2009/2010 was also won with Andres mostly out. And forgive me for being so blunt, but if the only justification that you found to this shocking performances is this, then you didn't understand nothing from Pep's Barca.

Villareal is 17th in the league, they are with as manny players out as we are and the only thing we can do is cry after Iniesta? Maybe if we would have been without Messi-Xavi-Iniesta, I would have understood, but not today..
If we are missing something or someone, that is Villa and Pedro and their 45 goals(plus their sacriffice and link-up play that are superior to what Alexis and Cesc have shown so far).

We lost points against Valencia because Pep has been made a fool by Emery in the first half and the reff didn't do us any favours.
We lost points against Getafe because the team played horibly and showed nothing until the last 10 minutes.
We lost points against Real Sociedad because we gave up a 2 goal lead..if they were able to play so good in the first half without the Don, they should have done the same in the second.
We lost points against Villarreal because it was like a cheap copy of the game against Getafe and Pep didn't learn anything from that game: his team selection was very bad and the changes were made too late.

I can understand when some say that with Andres we would have qualified against Inter because there is a small probability that it could be true..but this is not a reason for the position in which we are now in the league..we played good/bad with or without Iniesta and we lost/won with or without him.
We also won the league before Iniesta, Messi or Ronaldinho and probably will do it long after they are gone.

And this comes from someone who thinks that Iniesta is the second best player in the world.

very good post Maria

Y

Youngie

It's OK because when Pep retires as Barca coach then Maria can take over... :giggle:

Home of Barca Fans