Andres Iniesta

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
he is.

Busi is more important to the fundamentals of our style.

we can be who we are without Iniesta - in big games too - but without Busi we are simply not the same team.

what Iniesta does is turn us from a great side into an omgwtf one.
b0AtR.gif

B

beautifulgame

You think Busi is more important than Iniesta?

For me, our future dependence, goes like this:

1. Messi

2. Iniesta

3. Cesc

4. Alves

5. Xavi

6. Alexis

7. Abidal

8. Biscuits

9. Valdes

10. Pique

11. Mascherano

12. Pedro

13. Villa

14. Puyol

15. The kids

* I am quite confident about what I say about the first 6 or so. Not so much about the rest.

View attachment 4680

:lol:

take a bow!

mixer

You think Busi is more important than Iniesta?

For me, our future dependence, goes like this:

1. Messi

2. Iniesta

3. Cesc

4. Alves

5. Xavi

6. Alexis

7. Abidal

8. Biscuits

9. Valdes

10. Pique

11. Mascherano

12. Pedro

13. Villa

14. Puyol

15. The kids

* I am quite confident about what I say about the first 6 or so. Not so much about the rest.

Alves is more important than Xavi?

tumblr_lznwzbFN1G1qftspp.gif

E

estranged

whoever thinks cesc is more important to us than busquets really needs to be shot.

Xavi Dos

I think Manuel summed it up best - Xavi, Andres and Leo are clearly the most consistently impactful players we have on our roster. But, I would like to add that two of our most talented substitutes are Cesc and Thiago and they can fill in for Xavi and Iniesta quite well if need be. Busquets, while less important to reaching our highest highs, has no apt replacement. Mascherano is a solid DM, but does not have the composure and technique to do what Sergio does, and neither does Keita. Perhaps you could make an argument for Thiago, but he's largely unproven as a DM, espcially against decent competition. I argue that behind Messi, Busquets has more value over replacement (VORP, a common baseball sabermetric) than any other player on our roster because no one else can do what he does. The more I watch Barca play, the more I appreciate his genius on the ball.

This also begs another question: who's the second best DM in the world? Just curious of your guys' take - I'd have to say Yaya, or Xabi Alonso but he's more CM.

X

xaviniesta

:puyol: is nr 1

then comes the magic square.

:messi:
:iniesta: :xavi:
:busquets:

next is :valdes:

There are currently 40 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 39 guests)

There are currently 111 users online. 14 members and 97 guests

:D

Last edited:

ivan22

how can you put our players in an order? the only way I could imagine putting them in an order is in form of 'levels'

First:
:messi: :iniesta: :xavi: :busquets: :puyol: (in no particular order) -> clearly our most important players

Special Level in between 1rst and 2nd
:valdes: :pinto:

Second:
:alves: :abidal: :pique: :cesc: :mascherano: :alexis: :pedro: :keita: :villa: (in no particular order) -> every single one is world class, no doubt, still they are clearly beneath the 'first level'

Third:
:thiago: :cuenca: :tello: :afellay: (in no particular order) -> the youngsters

I'd even put pedro in the first level, if he regains his form from 2010/2011

Last edited:

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
how can you put our players in an order? the only way I could imagine putting them in an order is in form of 'levels'

First:
:messi: :iniesta: :xavi: :busquets: :puyol: (in no particular order) -> clearly our most important players

Special Level in between 1rst and 2nd
:valdes: :pinto:

Second:
:alves: :abidal: :pique: :cesc: :mascherano: :alexis: :pedro: :keita: :villa: (in no particular order) -> every single one is world class, no doubt, still they are clearly beneath the 'first level'

Third:
:thiago: :cuenca: :tello: :afellay: (in no particular order) -> the youngsters

I'd even put pedro in the first level, if he regains his form from 2010/2011

Too much trolling in this post

ivan22

Too much trolling in this post

:pinto:

but seriously: Putting Cesc,Abidal and Alexis over Busquets IS trolling! so please tell me where I was trolling. it's impossible to put our players in an order

Ibi will soon be 26 years old, I dont consider him a youngster.

true, of course. but for me he has the same role like the youngsters: he's still trying to fit in and searching for a role that suits him best.

Last edited:

Yugi

Why Iniesta is the greatest attacking midfielder of our time

article-1186231-051CFC1A000005DC-18_468x381.jpg

Guardian football writer Jacob Steinberg posed a fascinating question on Twitter yesterday: “After Zinedine Zidane, has there been a better attacking midfielder than Andres Iniesta in recent times?” An intriguing debate and one to which I’d unequivocally state that Iniesta, at 27, has already eclipsed Zidane. I’d argue that no-one, certainly no-one that I’ve ever seen, has ever been quite so comfortable on the ball or in possession of such magnificent footballing vision as the diminutive Spaniard. Equally beautiful to watch; both players shared that gloriously intangible yet blindingly obvious quality of being completely in control of a game.
http://naturalpolice.wordpress.com/...he-greatest-attacking-midfielder-of-our-time/

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Good read, although I doubt the Don will ever be as recognised as he should be. It is he, not Ronaldo, that approaches Messi's quality at times. No one else.

Home of Barca Fans